Phoenix is here! - page 10

Hendrick:
What a great day for Phoenix. See my statement. Seen the results for WantToGamble?

Hendrick

What timeframe did you drag you EA on ???? and what setting are you using..please post

Thanks

Babar

I believe reading the sets that is M15 timeframe

Thank you I had not noticed that.

I'm still a bit perplexed about how to configure Phoenix so that I get the TIMES right, is anyone else confused?

Wackena:
I don't know if this so for all locations, but Forex-TSD forum has GMT difference and local time at the bottom of each page. Wackena

I have one sugestion regarding MM.

Why dont you put an option for possible use of MM with other brokers, like round lot size to the minimum increment of 0.1 just below the value found by the expert.

just a sugestion... With this we can still use MM with NF and so...

btw: GREAT JOB! I imagine how version 2 is...

Times

goldensight:
Thank you I had not noticed that. I'm still a bit perplexed about how to configure Phoenix so that I get the TIMES right, is anyone else confused?

Yes, I am also very confused regarding the times.

As far as I can understand there are 5 diferent times where the expert can put orders on the market:

Tradefrom1:

Tradeuntil1:

Tradefrom2:

Tradeuntil2:

Tradefrom3:

Tradeuntil3:

Tradefrom4:

Tradeuntil5:

And you have

Game from:

Game until:

You have to put here GMT hours, but your broker usually does not have GMT hours so you have to convert all this hours to GMT time. If your broker is +2 you have to subtract two hours to this parameters.

Or you can analyse your reports and see for yourself what are the best hours to enable trading.

If i'm wrong please tell me so I can edit this. I do not want to post bad info...

Hello, i tried forward test Phoenix from yesterday, but EA Phoenix is not open any Position, instead.. Firebird open more position... is there something wrong with my EA, i use Hendric's setting, i'm on NorthFinance

Thank you

See first post for version 1.1 of Phoenix.

Time and MM

Results

I've attached foreword test results. Some interesting things going on. For example: MM set to False yet the EA manages lot sizes. It would also appear that it is trading with a time filter - yet I disabled it as described in the user manual. All other settings default. I'm certain that the streak of losses is largely due to the time filter issue.

Files:
phoenix_2.htm  15 kb
Reason: