Phoenix is here! - page 9

JoZo:
NF is GMT +2!!!

Dear Jozo,

At first, I also think that NF is GMT+2, but lets put this line of code in your EA and see the result when running on NorthFinance Demo server.

Comment("Local Time= ",TimeHour(LocalTime()),":",TimeMinute(LocalTime()), " Server Time= ",TimeHour(CurTime()),":",TimeMinute(CurTime()));

At the time of testing, Malaysia (GMT+8) time is 01:45, 14th July

Local Time returns 17:45, 13th July

Server Time returns 20:44, 13th July

The server time (20:44) conforms with the bar time in the "Market Watch" frame (top left corner of the attached picture), that is 20:45.

If I am at GMT+8, then Local Time is GMT and Server Time is GMT+3. So, which is true?

As of Hendrick's result, I am puzzled. Is there possibility that LocalTime() at different brokers refers to different time i.e NF refers to GMT and Hendrick's refers to his actual local time? Let us tackle this timezone problem constructively.

-RJ1-

Files:
time.jpg  99 kb

JoZo:
NF is GMT +2!!!

Hi All,

I managed to talk to NF Online Support, her name is Sirina. This is a copy of the chat:

Chat Information Welcome to our live chat service!

Chat Information

NorthFinance Support: Hello. How may I assist you?

NorthFinance Support: Allow me to introduce myself Im Sirina.

you: hello

you: Hi Sirina

you: I am here to ask about NF timezone for the Demo server.

you: Is is GMT+2 or GMT+3?

NorthFinance Support: yes it GMT +2

you: okay, my time is now 02:04, and I am living in GMT+8. Why is the chart time now is 21:04?

NorthFinance Support: Because it is now 21:04!

NorthFinance Support:

NorthFinance Support: it is GMT 19:05 now

you: if it is 21:04, you should plus 6 to get my time rite?

NorthFinance Support: GMT +2 it is correct sir

NorthFinance Support: I don t know what is your time

you: my time is 02:04

NorthFinance Support: yes ?

you: so, if your time is GMT+2, you should plus 6 to get my time because I am at GMT+8, correct

NorthFinance Support: yes

NorthFinance Support: it should be 2:08 now in Malaysia

NorthFinance Support: the time is correct sir

you: so, if I plus 6 hours to your time now, which is 19:08, my time in Malaysia is 01:08, which is wrong. My time now is 02:08

you: hello?

you: so, is it GMT+2 or GMT+3?

you: hello sirina, you still there?

Our chat was disconnected. I then managed to connect back and resume the topic..

Chat Information Welcome to our live chat service!

Chat Information

NorthFinance Support: Hello. How may I assist you?

NorthFinance Support: Allow me to introduce myself Im Sirina.

you: hi Sirina

you: This is me again, you seems to be cut off

NorthFinance Support: hi

you: about the timezone

NorthFinance Support: about the GMT time

NorthFinance Support: it is correct sir

you: what is your time now?

NorthFinance Support: as I said before

NorthFinance Support: 21:24

NorthFinance Support: which is 19:24 GMT

NorthFinance Support: AND 2:24 Malaysia time .. 14th of July

you: GMT now is 19:24? Is it not 18:24?

you: I am converting time using http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

NorthFinance Support: this is what I wrote above 19:26 now

NorthFinance Support: it is very simple sir

NorthFinance Support: if we are 21:26 which is GMT +2 and your time is GMT +8 then you have to add 6hours + 21:26 it will be 2:26 so it is correct ..

NorthFinance Support: but it will be 14th of july 2:26 not 13th .. coz after 00:00 it will not be 13th anymore no ?? it is a new day

NorthFinance Support: ??

NorthFinance Support: u there sir ?

you: no it is not correct.. if you add 6 to 21:26, you will get 03:26

you: that is where I am confused

you: my time shows me that GMT is now 18:31

NorthFinance Support: ok then sorry i m not correct we are gmt +3

NorthFinance Support: sorry about that

NorthFinance Support: anything else sir ?

you: are you sure GMT+3? because I am trading using time, so I must get the time setting correct.. are you sure GMT+3?

NorthFinance Support: yes I m sure here it is

NorthFinance Support: 18:31:16 Thursday July 13, 2006 in GMT converts to

NorthFinance Support: 21:31:16 Thursday July 13, 2006 in Europe/Nicosia

NorthFinance Support: Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in GMT

NorthFinance Support: Daylight Saving Time is in effect on this date/time in Europe/Nicosia

you: is it because of the DST?

NorthFinance Support: dont know??

you: okay thank you for your time

NorthFinance Support: no problem

Now, she confirms the GMT+3. But I am still not convinced that NF is GMT+3, because all this while I know that NF is GMT+2 because their server actually located in Moscow. Is it because of the DST that NF minus 1 hour of the actual time?

-RJ1-

All Setup

I am ready with the ea wish everyone lots of pips some testing time to come!!!!

EACAN

wow, it gets more confusing my the minute

i propose the following:

1) all calculations made are based on the servers time and not the local time

2) all time-setups in the EA should be made in GMT

3) introduction of a new variable called ServerOffset

this variable reflects an offset from GMT timezone to the servers timezone

my local time is not relevant. today i am here at GMT-7, tomorrow i could be GMT-4, next week at GMT+2

but my trading server is always at the same place. and this should be the basis for all calculations.

just my 2cents - hendrick you're the man, what do you think?

AZBOfin

RJ1:
As of Hendrick's result, I am puzzled. Is there possibility that LocalTime() at different brokers refers to different time i.e NF refers to GMT and Hendrick's refers to his actual local time? Let us tackle this timezone problem constructively.

i am running the EA on a demo account with SBFX (MoneyTec). the localtime() function returns the server's local time and not where i am, hence locallocal.

AZBOfin

EDITED:

gosh, this is not true!!! it was true when it was running on an InterbankFX server which runs on GMT.

now the localtime() function returns GMT and the server is on GMT+2.

does localtime() return GMT?

RJ1:

Now, she confirms the GMT+3. But I am still not convinced that NF is GMT+3, because all this while I know that NF is GMT+2 because their server actually located in Moscow. Is it because of the DST that NF minus 1 hour of the actual time?

-RJ1-

Hi, I can confirm that North Finance server time is currently GMT+3, I have a live account with them. The operator was getting confused because of DST. When the clocks go back in a few months their server time should again be GMT+2

RJ1:
Hi All,

I managed to talk to NF Online Support, her name is Sirina. This is a copy of the chat:

actual time?

-RJ1-

Hi,

My english is not so perfekt but I think you have to learn more about timezones . There is a big difference between solar and what I call WINTER TIME.

So NF is GMT +2 always but the problem is that you don't have the change of the time understand?

Let me explain your conutry have "No daylight saving time in 2006" and will never have it!!!

My country have the Daylight saving time: +1 hour and also NF has the same saving time that's the reason because you don't have GMT +2 but you have GMT +3, you have to add this +1hour solar time for the summer.

Hope you will understand what I want to say.

DST ends on Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 3:00 AM local daylight time, after that your time will be correct so you will have to use GMT +2.

If you use this EA the EA will use the NF server time so you don't have to change the time in the setting.

I have also the +1hour so I have GMT +2 as I said before you have GMT +3.

uffff....... a big lesson for timezones and sorry for my english

Have a nice day!

I don't know if this so for all locations, but Forex-TSD forum has GMT difference and local time at the bottom of each page.

Wackena

My results so far with this system.

Files:
statement_3.htm  20 kb

Wackena:
I don't know if this so for all locations, but Forex-TSD forum has GMT difference and local time at the bottom of each page. Wackena

Forex forum has it you're right but RJ1 is GMT +8. Only for the broker with the solar time he is GMT +7 so NF server time is GMT +3 only for people who lives in east countries without the daylgiht saving time, but it will return GMT +2 at the end of october.

Reason: