Gogetter EA - page 12

Mistigri:
Well let me say that I only get 2 different results that's it ... not 10 different results.

I get one result when I'm connected and I get a different result when I'm disconnected. The tester uses the files from:

C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\tester\history

Now open windows explorer and look at your GBPUSDm30_0.fxt while you are connected, it is about 50 mb, now close the platform, reopen it do not connect and run the test with recalculate selected and refresh your explorer view ... What do you see now? Your file should now say it is 1k - 0k

So yes the data file seems to be different. I guess my question is about your historical data ... How do you use it with the tester ...

By the way I'm trying to help, I hope you don't mind that I use the forum, but mind as well get any help we can get ...

I appreciate your help. Using the forum works for me. I'm really just trying to stabalize what seems a very unstable and unfriendly tool. This morning I opened a new demo account figuring that if I understood you correctly that I would run a fresh test in a new account without clicking recacluate first...I looked at the data file for GPBUSD 1 minute because I was told that it's best to use one minute data...It's been blown away..I had managed to get 1 minute data from alpari back to 2005.09.09 and had been using that but now it's not in the history center ...I have no idea how it got deleted...all I go back to now is 2006.06.29. It was something of a small miracle that I managed to get it installed previously in another demo account. The darn things expire faster than I can get reliable data installed in them. What a pain.

I guess I need to go back to the drawing board and see if I can recover some historical data. Any directions about how to get the data center up to speed...I'll look at asmatic's links again and see if I can follow those directions better...this data problem I thought I had solved, at least to a useable degree...apparently not.

an hst file is already an history file so you should not need to import it. ( import is for text, csv files etc ... ) Try to simply copy and paste the file in you history folder.

i'm not exactly how but my data appears to be restored

I can't say the same for my test results...I don't know what's changed but it goes bankrupt now.

I don't know how to account for it making over a million before and I don't know how to make it do it again. All I can think of is to try to unmake it turning off the last function added and see if I can go backwards to a point where it was profitable and then bring it forward again methodically.

the last function added was the tradewave which superceded the lot sizes based on previous winning or losing trade impacting account equity. I suppose I'll turn that off for now and go back to just the three matching signal profiles and see if I can recalibrate them to be profitable. I don't know what else to do at this point.

Some please expalin the history data center to me....

Saturday I had just over 300,000 1m records showing in the GPBUSD. The went from 2005.09.09 to the present.

I have not touched the computer all day Sunday.

This morning I open the history center and behold...there are only 515 records in the file now. I swear I have done absolutely nothing to the file. I haven't even been on the computer.

What makes this data come and go like a ghost with a will of it's own?

I have learned this much about the unstable thing...always keep a backup .csv file handy so it can be imported. That's about all I know.

Aaragorn:
Some please expalin the history data center to me....

Saturday I had just over 300,000 1m records showing in the GPBUSD. The went from 2005.09.09 to the present.

I have not touched the computer all day Sunday.

This morning I open the history center and behold...there are only 515 records in the file now. I swear I have done absolutely nothing to the file. I haven't even been on the computer.

What makes this data come and go like a ghost with a will of it's own?

I have learned this much about the unstable thing...always keep a backup .csv file handy so it can be imported. That's about all I know.

Hi,

The same thing happened to me. But I think that is because I updated the MT4 so maybe this is the reason.

Hope this help

is there a way I can print out the raw data as it comes into the EA before the EA does anything with it so that I can verify that it's processing the same data stream each time?

see the thing is I can't tell if anything I'm doing, any changes I make are responsible for changes in the outcome until I can be assured that any rogue variableness has first been eliminated. That means I have to verify that the data stream isn't changing and that the way the program/compiler is processing that data is the same each time. If I can verify those two things then I can centent myself with tweaking the code and be assured that the tweaks I make are the only thing making the outcome change.

When I get a result like the report attached I would really like to be able to isolate what made the difference.

Files:
ggl3.zip  353 kb
ggl3fail.zip  335 kb
ggl3fail2.zip  136 kb
ggl3.gif  6 kb
ggl3fail2.gif  7 kb

Well this is a new one.....

error says....

2006.08.28 15:24:59 TestGenerator: no history data 'GBPUSD30'

that's especially obnoxious considering that the history center shows 302245 records in the file.

http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/showpost.php?p=128970&postcount=1

following the directions using the period converter to change the data to other timeframes isn't working. nothing happens when I drag the period converter onto the chart.

when it did work back a few weeks ago. I was using the 30mTF but it was pulling the 1m data anyway with the 30M selected. Now it doesn't seem to want to pull the one minute data. If I select the 1M it will use the data but if I select the 30M it doesn't find or use it anymore it just says there is no data available. I used to do it. Now it's playing hard to get.

Reason: