How to set up MT4 without a demo account (for back-testing purposes)?

Hello. I'm looking to set up a test platform for testing EA's and don't want any brokerage-tainted data messing up my test results (and some brokerages, like Alpari-UK, use the "MetaQuotes Software Corp." history center for their data downloads. They are no longer providing their own history that you can download, as far as I can tell, from their download site Alpari-UK Historical Download Center. Is there a way to install MT4 and not have it linked to a demo account and still be able to download data from the "MetaQuotes Software Corp." history center?

I read on another forum that installing MT4, then registering for a demo account, downloading the data from the "MetaQuotes Software Corp." history center and then deleting the demo account from the Account listed under Navigator (right-click and then delete) would work. But then when I close the platform, re-open it and click Cancel twice (to get through the login menus without logging on), I can't download any data from the "MetaQuotes Software Corp." history center.

Can this even be done? Thanks,

.....Sean

Reason: