TestGenerator: no history data

I had tested an Expert Advisor quite a few times, but suddenly cannot do so anymore in a new demo account. I always get the error

TestGenerator: no history data [symbol]

in the Journal tab. I checked the history files - the data are there for the time scales and dates that are selected in the Strategy Tester. I also opened new demo accounts to see if that helps, but it did not.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

it seems that strategy tester only works in standard but not in mini account. the button 'symbol properties' yields fewer parameters for mini and many are set to 0.

Or has anyone managed to run strategy tester on mini accounts?

Yes, IBFX's live mini also will not backtest.

it seems that strategy tester only works in standard but not in mini account. the button 'symbol properties' yields fewer parameters for mini and many are set to 0.

Or has anyone managed to run strategy tester on mini accounts?

I have noticed that some banks will attach character "m" to a symbol in mini account mode. So unless you are using Symbol()
you must enter "EURUSD m" for a symbol.
-Stan

[quote
I have noticed that some banks will attach character "m" to a symbol in mini account mode. So unless you are using Symbol()
you must enter "EURUSD m" for a symbol.
-Stan [/quote]

yes, and if you switch from mini accounts to standard accounts this will often screw up the charts. all you get then is 'Waiting for update' - only remedy seems closing charts and reopen.

problem in strategy tester is that there are no 'm' symbols in the pulldown menue. or i haven't figured out how to get them.

yes, and if you switch from mini accounts to standard accounts this will often screw up the charts. all you get then is 'Waiting for update' - only remedy seems closing charts and reopen.

problem in strategy tester is that there are no 'm' symbols in the pulldown menue. or i haven't figured out how to get them.

I think that nothing should be attached to a symbol.
It is totally illogical.
There should be better way how to distinguish one account from the other.
I think it must be designed in by MT4 people.
-Stan

Old but it will probably help someone that needs the information in the future.

On MetaTrader 4 go to the "Tools" menu then select "History Center". There you can choose which currency to download. 

Hope this helps someone soon.

Leandro Mendes:

Old but it will probably help someone that needs the information in the future.

On MetaTrader 4 go to the "Tools" menu then select "History Center". There you can choose which currency to download. 

Hope this helps someone soon.

10 years after the last post, that should be a record. Please don't do that.

Alain Verleyen:
10 years after the last post, that should be a record. Please don't do that.

after 2 years , it's still good for me , now i can solve that trouble on my new EA :)

Reason: