Historical Data - Problems

Hey all,

I know this topic has been brought up and discussed many times, but I'm opening a new thread again just to highlight the importance of this.

As you all might know in MT5 you cannot use your own historical data, you can only use those provided by the server you are receiving data from.  Now I have the following problems with that:

• The current data has gaps in them
  • There is absolutely no guarrantee that the data is accurate

Building an expert advisor based on data that has gaps/don't know where it comes from is financial suicide in my opinion.  No professional trader will ever follow that path.

So what I'm asking is as follows:

• Can the development team please reconsider adding a history center?
  • If not can they at least give us the structure of the .hcc files so that we can modify them ourselves?
  • If not then what can be done about this?

MT5 is excellent software and I absolutely love it, but without having the ability to backtest with custom data makes the strategy tester unreliable and utterly useless.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events - Documentation on MQL5

I am facing similar problems downloading EURCAD and EURAUD data. If any one has these complete HCC files that go back to 01-01-99 and is willing to share, please post the link.

Sometimes the datas have large gap since the poor Wire Speed to synchronize. In other case, maybe the little gaps are not bad datas.  https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/171

Trading Utility Candles Checker for Forex
  • 26.00 USD
  • Jinsong Zhang
  • www.mql5.com
Sometimes we see doubtful gaps on charts. There are some events cause it happen: Holidays; Important events; Bad history data This script help user easy to check Candles' gaps in last 2 years. It...
Reason: