What Really Works From One Professional - page 30

jonnydenver69:
bit silly, but nevermind..ok..goodluck

thanks, is there a chatroom for this site that I don't know about? could you give me directions?

Aaragorn:
i'm sorry too. Please forgive me.

bit silly, but nevermind..ok..goodluck.if you havent read it all, maybe you should, you might see things differently and see trading isnt that difficult..

thanks, is there a chatroom for this site that I don't know about? could you give me directions?[/QU

Paltalk...JD69 Superstrategy....mon-fri 7am GMT..alot of guys are from the states but are there for the european open....read the the whole thread..

jonnydenver69:
bit silly, but nevermind..ok..goodluck.if you havent read it all, maybe you should, you might see things differently and see trading isnt that difficult..

maybe I should. thanks.

Paltalk...JD69 Superstrategy....mon-fri 7am GMT..alot of guys are from the states but are there for the european open....read the the whole thread..

I havn't used paltalk before I'm only set up on MSN messerger right now. I'll have to set up I guess with paltalk...thanks again

...i'm lousy with time conversions...I'm mountain time. I think that's g+7 or g-7 ???

hedging my personal psychology is not my only reason for wanting to automate trading. I'm interested in learning all I can about trading.

I've read through this thread over the last few days and there are 3 things that JD said that make me excited! (I'm going to paraphrase):

1. 'I'm profitably trading this method, and I'm willing to show you how I do it.'[*]'I've been doing this for 3 years.'[*]'There is NOTHING automated about this method!'

What he his saying is that he's making money in this business, and he's willing to help us do the same, and, he does this by knowing how to TRADE the market, not FOLLOW a "system".

Anybody with a clue should be jumping all over this. Not everyone will be able to trade this profitably, but the idea behind this method is what everyone should be striving for. There are thousands of EAs and "systems" on these forums. NONE of them are long-term profitable. The only "systems" I believe even have a chance of being long-term profitable are those that are manual, discretionary models. Anyway, just my opinion.

Thanks JD for your willingness to help.

Ya know, I love living in California, but it really sucks for trading the London open. Gotta start taking a nap before midnight. Seeya guys in the chatroom.

Keris

Aaragorn and maybe some others,

Time conversions are available on the web, many sites.

My favorite is:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.htmlcities=196,195,769,179

You can add any amount of cities to your own 'personal' time clock. Also read up on exactly when daylight saving occurs around the world.

Pawprint will provide an on screen time clock, again with any city of your choice. Settable alarm signals included.

Enjoy....

keris2112:
I've read through this thread over the last few days and there are 3 things that JD said that make me excited! (I'm going to paraphrase):
  1. 'I'm profitably trading this method, and I'm willing to show you how I do it.'[*]'I've been doing this for 3 years.'[*]'There is NOTHING automated about this method!'

What he his saying is that he's making money in this business, and he's willing to help us do the same, and, he does this by knowing how to TRADE the market, not FOLLOW a "system".

Anybody with a clue should be jumping all over this. Not everyone will be able to trade this profitably, but the idea behind this method is what everyone should be striving for. There are thousands of EAs and "systems" on these forums. NONE of them are long-term profitable. The only "systems" I believe even have a chance of being long-term profitable are those that are manual, discretionary models. Anyway, just my opinion.

Thanks JD for your willingness to help.

Ya know, I love living in California, but it really sucks for trading the London open. Gotta start taking a nap before midnight. Seeya guys in the chatroom.

Keris

Well said. Kudos to JD for what he's offering. What attracted me to this thread was two things he said early on about self-reliance and hard work, which is so opposite to most of what is going on on this site, i.e. play with demo accounts and indicators/systems people don't really understand. And it seems like that's the way people want it - they don't want to put in the work and they don't want to rely on themselves only. Sincere thanks to JD for offering something else.

aint no mountain high enough..........

snowleopard:
Well said. Kudos to JD for what he's offering. What attracted me to this thread was two things he said early on about self-reliance and hard work, which is so opposite to most of what is going on on this site, i.e. play with demo accounts and indicators/systems people don't really understand. And it seems like that's the way people want it - they don't want to put in the work and they don't want to rely on themselves only. Sincere thanks to JD for offering something else.

It does come to down to self reliance, and believing want you see, not want you think that you'll see..I once read on here that someone wanted to leave the EA on so he could go to work! These people have to make some serious decisions about what they want to do, because thats not trading. Trading is hard work, your are sitting infront of the screen 8-10 hours, at first, but then it does become easier as the hard work pays off.. You have to understand why the market moves as it does, see that its not as random as some think, how can you do that if your not there....they can trade with demo accounts till the nect ice age comes, wont make any difference when come to trade a live account, the physcology couldnt be further apart....Making mistakes, not getting it right sometimes and losing a little are steps on the road to becomming a good trader....Hard work, the patience of a saint and just believing in yourself...

JD,

Perhaps I missed it , but how do you get the data into marketpredictor?

are you using the RT data from metatrader?

Thanks

Reason: