What Really Works From One Professional - page 36

Morpheus:
Thanks Jimmy. And London opens at around 2am EST here in USA, right? I'm going to look back on the GBPUSD and maybe even take some screen shots and see if I can see what you are refering to. I've been watching GBPUSD off and on this whole week. I saw a lot of up and down action that was very confusing to me. Particularly Wednesday, I believe. Very up and down.

If it's hard work that will help me beat the market, then so be it. I want to learn.

Jimmy, since you seem to understand the "V" much more than me and some others on here, do you think maybe on Sunday or Monday, we could start a thread on here about the "V" so I can learn and others can as well? Or maybe continue in this thread about it?

The "v" isn't neccesarily a true"v" but usually the first couple of moves from the off. I think it is referred to as the "v" because there's a sort of up/down or down/up move from the open.

The problem is i was always looking for the perfect "v" & I couldn't always see it so i just sat & watched & i think to understand it you really have to watch it for a period of time until it reveals itself. It's taken me a few weeks & I'm still watching & learning but I am beginning to see "something". I'm not an expert cos I had a good day. Only time & hard work will do that for me & I haven't been doing this long enough but I had to start somewhere.

There's no need to start a thread really cos picking this early move out comes by watching it live and no amount of studying these forums will do that for you. It's like riding a bike. You have to get on & try to fully understand the experience.

Watch & observe. You know something is happening at the open & it will become clearer as your intuition kicks in.

I can't really say any more than has been said here & what you have already read so all that's left is to "get on that bike"

Greetings from NZ

what a great thread!

thanks for the explanation JD on this 'V' it has really opened my eyes... I've noticed it but I've been staring at charts for coming up to 2 years now and it's ridiculous it's never clicked in this thick head of mine................

Thanks for sharing your knowledge JD!

Been trading the the higher timeframes for the last year and doing ok after getting badly burnt on the lower TFs. A 10-15 pip stop and 2000 pips a month is something I'd like to aspire to, so I'll try and get on the chat and hopefully lessen the time I have to work at the day job!

Lastly, have you guys thought of using Skype for the chat? no spyware, no maximum users on the chat, no hassle..

I was hoping someone could run us through one day of it. Just tell us when to enter and exit a few times. Help a few of us with the learning curve.

Anyway, anyone ever used Advanced Get ? I found a thread talking about it. They say the Ellipse tool on it is one of the most accurate tools around. I'm trying to find it right now actually.

http://strategybuilderfx.com/showthread.php?t=5084&page=2&highlight=elwave

Also, anyone ever seen this? I'd like to find out what the Hurricane FX method is.

http://www.attainaccess.com/systemrank_search.php?offset=0&PHPSESSID=14ce4d810d0dbf1b41350b4a786d1c7a

Here it is and you can see the Ellipse tool listed under the features:

http://www.advancedget.com/realtime/default.asp

Sorry just throwing out some ideas.

things can only get better...

jimmylad:
Just like to thank JD for the 120 pips today I took off cable.

This is the best days trading I haVe eVer had & whilst the market was in a massive downtrend it was thanks to JD & all the adVice ("V") he has giVen on this thread (& forum) that gaVe me the confidence to trade & "what" to look for.

The "jigsaw" is starting to look good & elwaVe was a real help as the trade moVed down.

Regards

Jim

PS

Pity you weren't around today mate..........................

An expensiVe trip to Monte Carlo ?? (15g ? )

Good morning all, i might be in Monte Carlo but i never miss big days.. Well done seems your getting to grips with things, and it can only get better.....I'd just like to say thanks again to everyone on the chat who have put the time and effort into their learning...

different chatroom

ok we are looking into a different chatroom at the moment..

chat room

jonnydenver69:
ok we are looking into a different chatroom at the moment..

JD,

Just starting following your thread. Very good, keep it up.

My opinion on a chatroom is echat like Xerof suggested earlier. It has many ammenities that are far superior to paltalk and it is free, no advertisements, and no downtime like PT. We tried and looked at different chat rooms and found this the best free room available. It is by no means cheap or second rate because it is free. The ensign people cater to traders, that is all that is there. If you want to compare it to any other chat platform then hotcomm is the closest comparison.

You can post screen shots there in under 10 secs. Voice is good and there are several other features that make it far better than PT.

We trade elliott and a few other methods there. We are open trading in the room 24/5.5. Anytime the market is open, someone is there. Some, like myself are there even on the weekends just to chat and disuss ideas. The abiltiy to throw screen shots up makes it an invaluable tool for explaining ideas and conditions. We have a small library there that we setup for filing indicators, trade setups, manuals and other tools that we may use. Which makes it very convienent versus looking through a thread for something specific.

If interested, check us out in room 54. www.ensignsoftware.com

BTW, I still have a corrupt operating system thanks to PT! It means completely reloading my whole computer.

traden4x

New chatroom

traden4x:
JD,

Just starting following your thread. Very good, keep it up.

My opinion on a chatroom is echat like Xerof suggested earlier. It has many ammenities that are far superior to paltalk and it is free, no advertisements, and no downtime like PT. We tried and looked at different chat rooms and found this the best free room available. It is by no means cheap or second rate because it is free. The ensign people cater to traders, that is all that is there. If you want to compare it to any other chat platform then hotcomm is the closest comparison.

You can post screen shots there in under 10 secs. Voice is good and there are several other features that make it far better than PT.

We trade elliott and a few other methods there. We are open trading in the room 24/5.5. Anytime the market is open, someone is there. Some, like myself are there even on the weekends just to chat and disuss ideas. The abiltiy to throw screen shots up makes it an invaluable tool for explaining ideas and conditions. We have a small library there that we setup for filing indicators, trade setups, manuals and other tools that we may use. Which makes it very convienent versus looking through a thread for something specific.

If interested, check us out in room 54. www.ensignsoftware.com

BTW, I still have a corrupt operating system thanks to PT! It means completely reloading my whole computer.

traden4x

Thanks for your input..I have set up a chat room on echat....email me for details, i will still log into paltalk on Monday morning to collect the straglers.....

I agree about the "juice" comment. LOL.

I was just looking at some of the Elwave competitors. Anyway, why is Elwave better? And Johnny, can you tell us how accurate Elwave is? On Friday, I was watching it a little. I've only used Elwave for a day but it got two out of 3 from what I saw. It said it was 85 % into wave 3 on USDCHF and sure enough it continued upward . Also, it stated a target of about 1.8212 for a target on one of the analysis and I watched over the next hour as it rose to 1.8212 and over. It said that a good target now for USDCHF is 1.2545 and that wasn't reached because the market closed on friday but I'm excited to see if that target is reached on Sunday. It will be a new market so maybe a new analysis will need to be done.

Reason: