Universal MA Cross EA - page 39

If this has been addressed before, please disregard (I haven't finished reading the whole thread).

I've been using this EA for a while now, live and demo, and I often get this type of error message (read backwards). Does anyone know what this means and/or how to correct it?

Many thanks

2009.02.10 07:00:11 universalMACrossEA2 GBPJPY,H1: Error opening SELL order : (0) no error

2009.02.10 07:00:11 stdlib GBPJPY,H1: loaded successfully

2009.02.10 07:00:07 universalMACrossEA2 GBPCHF,H1: Error opening SELL order : (0) no error

2009.02.10 07:00:07 stdlib GBPCHF,H1: loaded successfully

2009.02.10 07:00:07 universalMACrossEA2 GBPCHF,H1: close #21528761 buy 0.10 GBPCHF at 1.6613 sl: 1.6408 at price 1.7149

2009.02.10 07:00:00 universalMACrossEA2 GBPJPY,H1: Alert: Moving Average Cross DOWN !

2009.02.10 06:59:59 universalMACrossEA2 GBPCHF,H1: Alert: Moving Average Cross DOWN !

'stdlib.mqh' - cannot open the program file

The ea is greyed out and it won't compile with the error message:

'stdlib.mqh' - cannot open the program file C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\universalMACrossEA.mq4 (21, 1)

In my /experts/library there is nothing, only a dll used by another ea. Where do i get the stdlib file or am I totally missing the point of the error here?

MADMKIV:
The ea is greyed out and it won't compile with the error message:

'stdlib.mqh' - cannot open the program file C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\universalMACrossEA.mq4 (21, 1)

In my /experts/library there is nothing, only a dll used by another ea. Where do i get the stdlib file or am I totally missing the point of the error here?

You don't have stdlib.mqh

The library has been posted in many places of the forum. Try this link

Just drop it on X:\...\MetaTrader...\experts\libraries

Many thanks...

Modify to close any/all orders before new order

Can anyone please modify the latest version of this marvellous Universal MA Cross EA?

I would like the EA to close any and all open orders just before it makes a new order after a cross.

This is in case any other orders from any other EA (using the same magic number of course) or any manual trades (with no magic number) are closed on the new information from the Universal MA cross EA before it opens a new order.

Universal MA on FxPro Platform

Can any gracious coder kindly figure out why I can't use this EA on FxPro's MT4 platform. I just can't seem to get EA to open a single trade for the life of me even with the default settings after many days.

FxPro uses the 5-digit format for their price and I've been wondering whether it's the reason. Can this be modified in the code? Someone pls help, it's slowly driving me nuts. Thanx in anticipation

add 10x of TP and SL

Pied Piper:
Can any gracious coder kindly figure out why I can't use this EA on FxPro's MT4 platform. I just can't seem to get EA to open a single trade for the life of me even with the default settings after many days. FxPro uses the 5-digit format for their price and I've been wondering whether it's the reason. Can this be modified in the code? Someone pls help, it's slowly driving me nuts. Thanx in anticipation

Have you change TP & SL ..by 10x or add 1 more 0 to it ???

e.g ..sl=50 then make it like this SL =500

This will make EA work

I used this EA with fxpro too , it works fine

just add 1 more 0 to any TP or SL TSL

Tanks of thanks

LaTeCoMeR_KVN:

This will make EA work

Wow! Thanx so much LaTeCoMeR_KVNfor your quick and helpful response. I'll get to work on your recommendation and get back to you the moment it starts working fine. I really appreciate your answer...

Modified

Did you ever get this modified or find something that works better?

Gary

MADMKIV:
Can anyone please modify the latest version of this marvellous Universal MA Cross EA?

I would like the EA to close any and all open orders just before it makes a new order after a cross.

This is in case any other orders from any other EA (using the same magic number of course) or any manual trades (with no magic number) are closed on the new information from the Universal MA cross EA before it opens a new order.

It Works!!!

LaTeCoMeR_KVN:

This will make EA work

Dear LaTeCoMeR_KVN,

Again, loads of thanks for your tip. It WORKS like CLOCKWORK . I had this MA method that I trade manually with a great deal of success. Now I can SET & FORGET the EA and go to zzzzzzz...

God bless you Mate.

Reason: