Question about the LHF trading Simulator.Real ticks or random ticks?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the LHF trading simulator.

When you are using the LHF does ticks that it creates between the opening and the close of a bar, are random or it uses the real ticks history downloaded from the net.

I am asking this because I created a range bar chart with that information and since is a small pips range bar chart (which I can create, that is not the point of this thread), I need to know if the ticks made by the simulator between the opening and closing of the candles are based on the tick data that is needed to download from the internet or is just random ticks.

The objective for this is to have a semi accurate range chart of a trading day that I missed and to have a notion how it would been the trading day.

Demos6:
Hello everyone,

I have a question about the LHF trading simulator.

When you are using the LHF does ticks that it creates between the opening and the close of a bar, are random or it uses the real ticks history downloaded from the net.

Hi Demos6,

It uses real history downloaded from the net (from your broker).

Make sure you download the 1 minute history data first...then use that to refresh/convert the history data to the higher time frames.

Hope this helps,

Robert

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Demos6,

It uses real history downloaded from the net (from your broker).

Make sure you download the 1 minute history data first...then use that to refresh/convert the history data to the higher time frames.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Thanks for the reply,

But the question that I have is if the movement of the price between the opening to the closing of the 1 minute bar, is random or it uses the ticks that really happened.

Does any one knows the answer?

It is an Ea so it uses the same as the rest of the EAs in back-test : simulated ticks. There are no real ticks in metatrader

Demos6:
Thanks for the reply,

But the question that I have is if the movement of the price between the opening to the closing of the 1 minute bar, is random or it uses the ticks that really happened.

Does any one knows the answer?

techmac:
It is an Ea so it uses the same as the rest of the EAs in back-test : simulated ticks. There are no real ticks in metatrader

Thanks for your reply I found a way in the internet but I would need a EA that's paid.

Thanks for your reply.

Reason: