Universal MA Cross EA - page 10

RoBiK:
i repaired the EA to obey the MaxOpenTrade variable.

Hi RoBiK, thank you for the help. I will update the first post according to your fixed version

RoBiK:
i have realized, that the trailing stop works only if we are already in profit at least by the trailing stop value. so actualy because the second order opened later with worser price, there was no trailing for the second order, because it was not in profit, but the forst order already was. so this is no error. could you also make it optional, that the trailing stop works also if we are not yet in profit?.

Hi RoBiK, thank you for the suggestion, I will try to add this feature next release.

RoBiK:
another feature could be: instead of clasic trailing stop use alexander elder's safe zone - more sophisticated stop setting

This one sounds interesting, but frankly I don't have any knowledge about it. Can you share more information about this one ? Thank you in advance

hi

i will post my safe zone indicator tomorrow, i wrote it some time ago, but it is stored on another computer.

meanwhile i have found another bug: if ConfirmedOnEntry is set to false and StopAndReverse is set to true and a trade is opened, then if price goes again in the oposite direction of the cross in the same bar, you have a trade in oposite direction, but the MA crossover did not happened and the trade is left open.

for example on last bar the slow MA was above the fast, in the present bar the price goes up, fast MA crosses slow MA and BuyCondition triggers. the EA opens a BUY possition. Afterward price goes down in the same bar so after it closes you see no crossover and have no SellCondition. Therfore the BUY trade is left open until it is stopped out or crossover happens again.

Here is another feature request. If i set ConfirmedOnEntry to false and MaxOpenTrade is > 1, then a new position is opened on every tick (if the conditions for buy/sell are met). It would be nice to have minimum pip distance the price must travel in the trade direction from last opened possition, before opening another one.

thank you

robik

RoBiK:
meanwhile i have found another bug: if ConfirmedOnEntry is set to false and StopAndReverse is set to true and a trade is opened, then if price goes again in the oposite direction of the cross in the same bar, you have a trade in oposite direction, but the MA crossover did not happened and the trade is left open. for example on last bar the slow MA was above the fast, in the present bar the price goes up, fast MA crosses slow MA and BuyCondition triggers. the EA opens a BUY possition. Afterward price goes down in the same bar so after it closes you see no crossover and have no SellCondition. Therfore the BUY trade is left open until it is stopped out or crossover happens again.

Hi RoBiK, thank you for testing the Ea. I will check on this problem and try to fix it.

RoBiK:
Here is another feature request. If i set ConfirmedOnEntry to false and MaxOpenTrade is > 1, then a new position is opened on every tick (if the conditions for buy/sell are met). It would be nice to have minimum pip distance the price must travel in the trade direction from last opened possition, before opening another one.

Okay, another good suggestion, will try to work on this one too. Again thank you for your suggestion, keep them rolling

Robik,

Would you be interested in creating document that describes the different features and how they could be used? Specifically, the trading reasons one would use them. Also to indicate for each feature whether it is most often best to use a certain default-type of setting or if it should be optimized.

I am just thinking this would be very helpful to go with this EA as there are now alot of wonderful features in it to improve trading, but some traders may not realize what the features are for or even know how they can be used to create a more profitable ea. I am willing to help with this if you would like some help.

Nebula

hi,

here is my safezone indicator, it is not perfect, but it is usable.

for more info see folloeing links:

http://www.purebytes.com/archives/omega/2002/msg04758.html

http://www.geniustrader.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/GT/Indicators/SafeZone.pm?view=markup

http://www.metaquotes.net/forum/713/

cheers

robik

Files:
safezone.mq4  2 kb

version 6 release

Hi guys, just update post #1 with EA version 6. Fixed ConfirmedOnEntry bug which discovered by RoBiK, added immediate trailing stop feature, and added minimum price distance for multiple open trade condition. Will add SafeZone trailing stop type on next release and still working on pips filter on cross feature (BG cross filter). Hope this help

Clarification of setup requested from Firedave

First things first.

With heartfelt sorrow, I wish to give my sympathy to those thousands who are injured and to the families that lost family in Indonesia, recently and in the great tidal wave. I noticed that you are from Indonesia. Compassion towards others comes from the heart and bridges all religious and ethnic barriers. I pray that God gives strength and favor to all the people that are struggling now and have lost loved ones in your country of origin.

Firedave, would you politely clarify the following in the setup options:

1) ReverseCondition - Is this the same as green above red, then when a crossover occurs, it is the green below red for trigger sake? It seems this is what it means. If I am wrong, please clarify. Would a 'false' be used for directional trading only.

2) StartHour - Is this simple GMT (0) time, no shifting due to geographical location?

Dave <

iscuba11:
First things first. With heartfelt sorrow, I wish to give my sympathy to those thousands who are injured and to the families that lost family in Indonesia, recently and in the great tidal wave. I noticed that you are from Indonesia. Compassion towards others comes from the heart and bridges all religious and ethnic barriers. I pray that God gives strength and favor to all the people that are struggling now and have lost loved ones in your country of origin.

Hi Dave, thank you for your kind words, highly appreciate it.

iscuba11:
1) ReverseCondition - Is this the same as green above red, then when a crossover occurs, it is the green below red for trigger sake? It seems this is what it means. If I am wrong, please clarify. Would a 'false' be used for directional trading only.

I'm little confuse with the green and red thing, but I'll try my best to describe the function. We know that MA cross is trend following strategy. So if you set ReverseCondition=TRUE, the EA will trade counter trend strategy, mean when there is a BUY signal (MA cross up) it will go SELL rather than BUY.

iscuba11:
2) StartHour - Is this simple GMT (0) time, no shifting due to geographical location?

This setting is using your MT4 broker time which you could check on your MARKET WATCH window.

Hope this could help

Thank you for the clarifications. The EA is simple, yet can be very profitable. It would be nice that in the future as someone has suggested putting a filter such as an RSI or Stochastic as a confirmation of a good crossover taking place. We all should understand that nothing is 100% accurate all the time. I love the flexibility that you have put into this EA. Yesterday was a very profitable day (Wish I was out of test mode then). So far, easy to use and simple to follow. Thanks again for the clarification!!

Dave <
Reason: