Universal MA Cross EA - page 8

babarmughal:
Hi Dave,

Can you please put Parabolic SAR into this EA...that will be great....

Thanks

Babar

Hi Babar, could you give me more detail trading plan using PSAR ? Thank you in advance

firedave:
Hi Babar, could you give me more detail trading plan using PSAR ? Thank you in advance

Hi Dave,

Well the idea is that if the FIRST DOT appear below the previous bar(has to be calculated on the BAR Close) and if the FastMA is above SlowMA the BUY only once not on every bar....and vice versa ...

Thanks

Babar

babarmughal:
Hi Dave,

Well the idea is that if the FIRST DOT appear below the previous bar(has to be calculated on the BAR Close) and if the FastMA is above SlowMA the BUY only once not on every bar....and vice versa ...

Thanks

Babar

Hi Babar, seems like this trading plan didn't use MA cross to trigger the trade, so maybe we could make a seperate EA for it. Hope this help

Ts

Hi FireDave,

Please see my settings file for GBPUSD. With these settings my TrailingStop is not working. Is this correct?

Files:
gbpusd.txt  1 kb

Hendrick:
Hi FireDave, Please see my settings file for GBPUSD. With these settings my TrailingStop is not working. Is this correct?

Hi Hendrick, your setting works fine on FXDD MT4 demo account. What broker did you use ? Maybe the broker rejected the trailing because too close stop loss / trailing stop loss setting. Hope this help

ver.5

Guys, I've just updated post #1 . New feature on ver.5 :

- Additional filter using Third MA

- Add counter Thrid MA direction trade using different StopLoss and Take Profit

- Add multiple open trade when opposite signal occur for Non-StopAndReverse strategy

- Add Moving Average cross alert

Take a note that I didn't optimize the setting yet, so if anyone come up with good combination, please share with others. Hope this help

Suggestion for EA improvement

I have a great suggestion to improve this EA based on a MA cross strategy that I've had great success with manually. I use this on TF60 and you can see for yourself on the charts that it works very well during good trading hours.

I use a 1 over 3 and 6 over 10 LWMA cross on TF60. The entry isn't made unless the 1 and 3 have good divergence between the two and then the entry is made with a cross of 6 and 10. I use a TP of 40 usually which is conservative. If the entry signal is a fake out then I close the position when the 1 crosses the 3 against the position.

Basically you would need to add a 4th MA and have the pips divergence setup for the faster 2 (1 & 3 LWMA). Then allow a position close which overrides TP and SL if the 1 and 3 cross before one or the other is reached.

Check it out on the charts. It's a good strategy between 7-10 and 12-15 GMT.

One more thing

I see the 3rd MA you just added here is an above/below divider. Yes, this works great as a 50 LWMA on Tf60. Above for longs/below for shorts. Keep that and add my idea for a cross of 4 with the pips distance between on the faster two and enter on the two slower then emergency exit with a cross against of the faster two. Keep the divider line MA as a seperate setting.

novafx99:
I see the 3rd MA you just added here is an above/below divider. Yes, this works great as a 50 LWMA on Tf60. Above for longs/below for shorts. Keep that and add my idea for a cross of 4 with the pips distance between on the faster two and enter on the two slower then emergency exit with a cross against of the faster two. Keep the divider line MA as a seperate setting.

Can you please send us your preset settings file so that we can try with this EA...

Thanks

Babar

novafx99:
I have a great suggestion to improve this EA based on a MA cross strategy that I've had great success with manually. I use this on TF60 and you can see for yourself on the charts that it works very well during good trading hours.

I use a 1 over 3 and 6 over 10 LWMA cross on TF60. The entry isn't made unless the 1 and 3 have good divergence between the two and then the entry is made with a cross of 6 and 10. I use a TP of 40 usually which is conservative. If the entry signal is a fake out then I close the position when the 1 crosses the 3 against the position.

Basically you would need to add a 4th MA and have the pips divergence setup for the faster 2 (1 & 3 LWMA). Then allow a position close which overrides TP and SL if the 1 and 3 cross before one or the other is reached.

Check it out on the charts. It's a good strategy between 7-10 and 12-15 GMT.

Hi nova, sounds like a good idea and I want to apply that to the EA. I just not quite understand what do you mean by divergence between two MA. Is it mean there is a certain pips different between two MA ? Can you help me by provide a screen shot for the entry rule ? Thank you in advance

Reason: