The "XO"-Method......... - page 5

DEMO Trades (STS Time -15 min chart)

USDJPY

Entry Sell 111.71 (13.15) at present still in trade +70 ( this was so weird as the Asctrend dot appreared on the entry bar going in the opposite (buy) direction but all 4 XO signals had turned red (sell).

The CCI hit -250 at 17.15 with a bar close of 110.99 ( +72 pips) but I was asleep ( AEST ) so I guess this should have been an exit. I think I might have to work on a target. I am lucky this pair is still in a downward direction.

Cheers

Ant

Files:
usdjpy.gif  14 kb

Dan S:
Thank you With 100:1 do you mean you trade a full 100k lot if your acct size is $1000?

1 Lot = $100,000.

mezarashii:
how has this been in forward testing? looks quite interesting...i dont really see the benefit of the cci as a filter. cci is better for divergence than oversold overbought.

Meza, as one cannot back-test this method (and I don't back-test anyway), my results are based on LIVE trading. I suggest you trade demo for 2 weeks with this method and make the adjustments that suites your way of trading. The CCI works for me after many months of agony! However you trade the CCI is fine with me, as long as this method helps you to be successful. If not, let us know why not please.

All the success in the world to you.

Ant:
My interpretation in the use of the CCI for this system is as follows ( and I am possibly wrong but this can be used to clarify)

1. Exit a trade when 14 hits the 250 level.

2. Never enter a trade if 14 is greater than 250...(not sure that this would ever really happen anyway but we will know in forward testing.)

Valeo...I am more than happy to keep this thread informed of the EURGBP trades. I think it will be interesting to see how a slow but steady mover like this cross will perform in this setup as opposed to a more lively pair like GBPUSD.

Cheers

Ant

Thanks Ant, I appreciate what you are doing for us all. I would be very surprised it doesn't work, but your results will tell us. Good trading with LONG pockets and SHORT arms.

Ant:
DEMO Trades (STS Time -15 min chart)

USDJPY

Entry Sell 111.71 (13.15) at present still in trade +70 ( this was so weird as the Asctrend dot appreared on the entry bar going in the opposite (buy) direction but all 4 XO signals had turned red (sell).

The CCI hit -250 at 17.15 with a bar close of 110.99 ( +72 pips) but I was asleep ( AEST ) so I guess this should have been an exit. I think I might have to work on a target. I am lucky this pair is still in a downward direction.

Cheers

Ant

Thanks for posting your trade, Ant. Yes, the exit was in fact at that point, but still good pips. I would have taken the trade one bar later as I hold the AscTrend in very high regard. Wishing you continued success.

ValeoFX:
Thanks for posting your trade, Ant. Yes, the exit was in fact at that point, but still good pips. I would have taken the trade one bar later as I hold the AscTrend in very high regard. Wishing you continued success.

Hi Valeo

I have not had too much experience with using the Asctrend indicator.

With this system would you prefer to see the XO bars all the same colour and the asctrend signal at the same time, (same bar,) or within a couple of bars?

The USDJPY trade I entered short the acsend signal was a few bars back. Perhaps I was lucky? I can see that you would not want too much of a time elapse...

I guess forward demo will reveal

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers

Ant

Hi

since we alreadt have MTF CCI , will it have any difference we see chart of 5 minuts or 15 minuts. we will have same trade.

Valeo,

do you exit a trade as soon as cci hits 250? Or do you wait for the bar to close? I just got 16 pips on the short cable trade and exited at 250.

Ant:
Hi Valeo

I have not had too much experience with using the Asctrend indicator.

With this system would you prefer to see the XO bars all the same colour and the asctrend signal at the same time, (same bar,) or within a couple of bars?

The USDJPY trade I entered short the acsend signal was a few bars back. Perhaps I was lucky? I can see that you would not want too much of a time elapse...

I guess forward demo will reveal

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers

Ant

Ant, I have noticed that the AscTrend signal sometimes come well ahead of the FULL_COLOUR signal we are waiting for. That is when you simply just pull the trigger when the colours correspond. In your case one more bar would have done the trick technically correct, but hey, who cares, you Banked the money.

kumawat:
Hi since we alreadt have MTF CCI , will it have any difference we see chart of 5 minuts or 15 minuts. we will have same trade.

Kumawat, please would you try that and report back to us? Thanks in advance.

Reason: