Simple 15 min system

Hi fellow traders,

I have been experimenting with an addaption of ninas system on 15 min TF.

The idea is to place your 50 ema and a 120 ema on the chart and use fisher_yur4ik and super signals.

Enter a trade in the direction of the trend only, that is to say if the 50 ema is below the 120 ema you look for sell orders only, and opposite for buy. An entry is confirmed when the price crosses down through the 50 ema and the next bar opens below the 50 ema and fisher has turned to red. place sell market order.

Exit when fisher indicator changes from red to green. Super signals helps to give an early warning as to a change happening, super signals does change at times as new highs or lows are hit and can't be relied upon on its own, but in conjunction with fisher works quite well.

I use a stop loss of 30.

I am trying to keep this as simple as posible with the least amount of indicators.

Let me know what you think.

Files:
ss15.gif  24 kb

It may be good idea.

Two month ago I created EA with 55 ema crossing 200 ema filtering by Stochastic, 2 Parabolic SAR indicators and I_XO_A_H with different settings. It works now. But for M30 timeframe only.

I am not sure about super_signal but you idea for M15 timeframe may be good.

i will test it, thx

hi, image3022, i think its too agressive, see the screenshot

Files:
gbp_4.gif  14 kb

Dennyb,

Looking at your chart you are not waiting for Fisher to turn red.

Where can you get the Fisker_yurik indicator?

image3022 what version of super signals are you using??

Ss15

Hi

Super signals on the chart are the red and blue arrows and are only used as a guide to a possible change, it is not reliable on its own as it changes similar to the float indicator. I wait for a buy signal according to the price crossing the 50 ema and fisher changing or is the correct colour, example... price has crossed the 50 ema and the next bar opens below the 50 ema and fisher is red or changing to red.

Super signals and fisher attached.

Ss15

Hi Demag

On the chart I supplied fisher did actually change colour, it's just that I placed the lines over the top (and covered the red fisher line) to show where the trade is.

Remember also that I only take trades in the direction of the trend, 50ema below 120 ema...Sell 50 ema above 120 ema....Buy.

If there is a buy signal for instance, price has crossed up the 50 ema and next bar opened above the 50 ema but the 50 ema is below the 120 ema I do not trade, the chances of a decent move in that direction is not generally good.

looks like a good system. I'm going to test it out. Thanks for sharing. Have you tested different times on the moving averages , too ?

Cxo5

Hi quickturtle

I have made a few changes since my last post; I now use the 5min chart with the following indicators.

50 EMA

StepstochMA

Xo indicator and the XO combined indicator

And also the OsMA2 indicator

Sell trade for example, when price drops below the 50 EMA and the next bar opens below the 50 EMA.

StepStoch yellow line below the blue line.

The XO indicator and the combined XO has turned to red with the OsMA2 below zero.

When these conditions have been met I will enter a trade.

To exit I use this method: I trade using three lots. When I place a trade I set my stop loss at 10 pips.

I exit one lot at 10 pip gain and move my stoploss to breakeven.

I exit another lot at the next 10 pip gain and I allow the remaining lot to run moving my stop loss so it is 20 pips behind the price in 10 pip intervals. I exit completely when the price falls back to hit my stop.

Using this method I can pull out at least 20 pips a day and on good days 50 to 60 pips.

I am still demoing this system and will see how it performs over the next few months before going live.

Cheers Mark

Files:
catxo1.gif  20 kb
Reason: