My FX strategy - PipMachine. - page 6

FXguy,

Here is the revised EA.

Hope this meets your rules.

Maji

Files:

FXGUY2000, Please let us know how your testing goes with this EA. I am testing several at the moment or else I would add it to my plate. Thanks for your time. Goldensight

Maji:
FXguy,

Here is the revised EA.

Hope this meets your rules.

Maji

Hi Maji,

Again, thanks for taking the time to modify the EA.

I've noticed that it's not performing as expected.

The +DI is ok, it's opening the long trade when ADX & +DI have met the ADXlevel, and then closes at the next instance of when the ADX & +DI are at the level of the ADXlevel..

however, the -DI isn't.

It opens the short trades when the ADX & -DI hit the ADXlevel, however, before the ADX hits the ADXlevel (when adx is still above the ADXlevel) the -DI sometimes goes below the ADXlevel before the ADX line has, and closes it when it should really keep it open until both ADX & -DI are below the ADXlevel/hit the ADXlevel setting.

I hope this makes some sense?

here's a chart to show you what i mean.

Sorry if I've confused things.

Files:
majiea.jpg  202 kb

goldensight:
FXGUY2000, Please let us know how your testing goes with this EA. I am testing several at the moment or else I would add it to my plate. Thanks for your time. Goldensight

Sure, no problems, but of course that all depends on if maji would like to continue making modifications to the EA, it's getting better, but just needs a few more tweaks.

Here's a statement for the cad on the 4hr time frame without any tweaks made to it.. and it turned out profitable over a 6 month time frame. Bt with the added tweaks added to it, should maji wish to carry on, I believe it will turn into a winner.

Files:

FXGuy,

Please take a look at my code and you probably can tweak it any way you want to

By the way, an EA just follows rules, and if the rules were implemented properly (which I hope I did) then it will enter and exit trades as the rules require them. Our eyes may play tricks on us, but a properly written EA will not. As for the trades, it took the trade and closed it according to rules, I believe.

Good luck,

Maji

I wish I could Maji, but I don't know how.

The +Di does what it supposed to do, but the -DI doesn't, it acts only on the -Di and not together with ADX line. hence posting that picture so you could see what I mean.

Hence why I posted this note here:

---

however, the -DI isn't.

It opens the short trades when the ADX & -DI hit the ADXlevel, however, before the ADX hits the ADXlevel (when adx is still above the ADXlevel) the -DI sometimes goes below the ADXlevel before the ADX line has, and closes it when it should really keep it open until both ADX & -DI are below the ADXlevel/hit the ADXlevel setting.

----

My eyes are certainly not playing tricks on me. Nor yours I guess as the image quite clearly shows that the sell trades are being opened and closed where the red dot is, but the thing is, it's not met the condition/rule for the -DI, as you can see,where those red dots are, the ADX line didn't come down below the ADXlevel.

if you don't want to modify the EA again, I understand. And I thank you for your patience through this.

Reason: