OILFXPRO TRENDMASTER double macd EA freeversion - page 6

oilfxpro:
Davidke 20

Why is still opening old orders several hours laters or several days later?

OILFXPRO

Depends on the market condition. I give you an example:

Duration=3600

2008.01.02 12:00 GBPUSD price 1.9800 MACD readings = -0.0007 open pending sell

2008.01.02 13:00 GBPUSD price 1.9900 MACD readings = 0.0001 cancel pending sell

2008.01.04 08:00 GBPUSD price 1.9800 MACD readings = -0.0008 open pending sell

Oppss... obviously after 2 days we got the same reading of bid price, and MACD also met requirement to open trade, so it did. Now, I'm suspecting this causing the EA KEEP OPENING ANNOYING ORDERS after previous trade closes(or cancel after duration). So, do you think by adding more trading discretion will be better? Such as ONLY place entry order when MACD move above 0.0007 from 0.0006 to place 1 order - instead of open buy order when MACD above 0.0007. Bear in mind, this is totally different approach. Because the EA can keep opening order at 0.0008, 0.0009. Even if trade close in profit/loss, it will still opening buy order unless MACD goes below 0.0007. Think about what I'm trying to tell you.

Regards

David

oilfxpro:
Davidke 20

How should it be?

int KillDuration=3600,i=0;?

int KillDuration=0,i=3600;?

OILFXPRO

OK Cid. Its my fault. I've forgotton I converted the seconds to hour instead. So, if close all trade after 1 hour, then duration will be 1. I'm so so so sorry about this incident.

Regards

David

davidke20:
OK Cid. Its my fault. I've forgotton I converted the seconds to hour instead. So, if close all trade after 1 hour, then duration will be 1. I'm so so so sorry about this incident.

Regards

David

Davidke

It is still doing it after changing to 1

OIL

davidke20:

Regards

David

Something I need to change in the EA? Sorry, don't understand what error you made. Thanks

oilfxpro:
Davidke 20

How should it be?

int KillDuration=3600,i=0;?

int KillDuration=0,i=3600;?

OILFXPRO

OK. Leave those behind and forget about it. Its not just you confused now. I'm getting confused too. So, we dont do anything to it.

oilfxpro:
Davidke

It is still doing it after changing to 1

OIL

I have just made another newer version for you, how long do you intend to make the EA close the trade? I'll make it in default, so you dont have to change anything. I think the problem of the DIRECTION addressed by matrixebiz has also covered on the next newer version. Just let me know how long is the duration the pending order should stay in the market. Once I get your figure, EA will be post.

matrixebiz:
Something I need to change in the EA? Sorry, don't understand what error you made. Thanks

No, leave it alone. I have made a newer version now. The duration function should be fine now. I purposely widen the GAP, inorder to let the trade unable to trigger. And it does its job closing all orders in 1 hour time. Next version will address and pin point the direction of the trigger price addressed by you.

Regards

David

Files:
oil005.jpg  21 kb

davidke20:
OK. Leave those behind and forget about it. Its not just you confused now. I'm getting confused too. So, we dont do anything to it.

I have just made another newer version for you, how long do you intend to make the EA close the trade? I'll make it in default, so you dont have to change anything. I think the problem of the DIRECTION addressed by matrixebiz has also covered on the next newer version. Just let me know how long is the duration the pending order should stay in the market. Once I get your figure, EA will be post.

No, leave it alone. I have made a newer version now. The duration function should be fine now. I purposely widen the GAP, inorder to let the trade unable to trigger. And it does its job closing all orders in 1 hour time. Next version will address and pin point the direction of the trigger price addressed by you.

Regards

David

Davidke

1 hour

any chance of putting trade times?

Oilfxpro

Seems like your addressing two different Duration functions. Please explain.

Thank you

matrixebiz:
Seems like your addressing two different Duration functions. Please explain. Thank you

Mat

if you set trading time 5 am to 16 hours ,trades will be placed only if triggered during those sessions .It won't place orders outside those sessions

This is a standard feature of many high quality EAS

OILFXPRP

oilfxpro:
Mat

if you set trading time 5 am to 16 hours ,trades will be placed only if triggered during those sessions .It won't place orders outside those sessions

This is a standard feature of many high quality EAS

OILFXPRP

Yes, that is great to but I was just getting confused on you wanting to close pending trades after an hour when the Duration setting is already in the EA.

Maybe I just missed something, doesn't matter as long as the EA places trades properly according to the rules at allowed trade times and Duration to close pending trades works Hope this will be the Final release when David releases it soon and makes lots of Money

Here you go. Added time filter, pending orders duration is 1 hour, which is 3600 seconds as default. Trade discretion should be correct already this time. Please verify. I haven't got time to test out the TimeFilter whether they're doing their job. Please check and let me know whether it works.

Regards

David

Files:
Reason: