My FX strategy - PipMachine. - page 11

Hell FXGuy,

I enjoy your system, I have seen it around numerous times, but I haven't acted on it myself.

I personally use an indicator which represents the ADX in solid lines, either red, or green, and use a fixed minimum of 20. This removes some of the tricks the eyes can give you at times.

Please see my screen shot below. I can not post the indicator as I'm at work, slaving away.

I will most likely code my own EA of this, using EMA's in 7 and 9 for tight closes, and major lock ins. I used an example today.

Over 20 bars, over 1600 pips could have been made. At 1 lot, that's over 1,600 US dollars, less spread, less swap. At .1, 160 dollars.

Any way you look at it, there are good trades and bad trades in any system, it's NOT having the emotion to interpret a good signal or a bad signal.

Please note the EMA's where 7 and 9 (as per another post from somebody on a few pages back)

ADX level at 20, and period of 14 was used. You can most likely find the indicator any where. It is Advanced_ADX

Also, you can see OTHER trade examples there, I won't highlight, but they are definitely there and with an EA coded properly, you could have a great system.

Thanks FXGuy, your contribution has been a knowledgeable one.

Files:
fx_system.jpg  71 kb
Reason: