Cross! - page 17

Moving averages are dynamic averages of the bars showing on a graph. This means they have to repaint as new data is added to the data stream. You will find that 95% or more of all indicators are dynamic in nature and thus do repaint, which makes it hard to create reliable trading methods. Do not pay too much attention to the history of the graph plot, but to the last 3 most current bars of the graph plot. Good luck!

Dave

<<<

Thanks

Dave137:
Moving averages are dynamic averages of the bars showing on a graph. This means they have to repaint as new data is added to the data stream. You will find that 95% or more of all indicators are dynamic in nature and thus do repaint, which makes it hard to create reliable trading methods. Do not pay too much attention to the history of the graph plot, but to the last 3 most current bars of the graph plot. Good luck!

Dave

<<<

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your input. It's good advice.

Dave137:
Moving averages are dynamic averages of the bars showing on a graph. This means they have to repaint as new data is added to the data stream. You will find that 95% or more of all indicators are dynamic in nature and thus do repaint, which makes it hard to create reliable trading methods.

Repainting is when indicator's values change in the past. On the current bar, it isn't repainting.

Most of indicators have their values fixed at the bar close. So to create a reliable trading method in this case, you just have to wait the current bar to close.

FerruFx

Question/Problem with EA in Codersguru Tutorial

I have started to learn some metatrader programming. I am trying to understand everything, so I have been playing around with various EAs, changing parameters and code and strategy testing. The EA in codersguru tutorial has EMA crosses written like this. (this is just part of the code)

shortEma = iMA(NULL,0,8,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

longEma = iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

I wanted to see what would happen when I shift the MA_Shift to the left -1 or -2 so I edited the code like this.

shortEma = iMA(NULL,0,8,-1,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

longEma = iMA(NULL,0,13,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

The problem is when I strategy test with codersguru code I get both buy and sell orders which is correct and how it should be, but when I run the modified code with a -1 or -2 shift I only get one sell order a few modified orders and a takeprofit. Then the code ends and does not execute any more trades. I want to understand why this is? Anybody have any solutions? Is it a metatrader bug or is the code wrong?

Using a negative shift is the problem.

Simple MA on E/G

I want to test this sys on meta trader, but I don't know to code. If anyone want to code it please give a result here, it is an open sys, since it posted here.

EurGbp on H4, only 1 Moving Average period 78 on close price.

For each bar place an order of TP and SL 100 pips.

If the close price is higher than MA then sell, otherwise buy.

I tested with another approach that shows 63% orders can win.

Again share your result please

hi all,

nice to see that there are still a lot of people that help other people without asking anything in return...shows that there is still goodness in this crazy world...

i tried to find alert based on william's alligator indicator but my search directed me here. it seems that this thread is the nearest of what i wanted...isn't it? anyway if i'm wrong, can anyone direct me to the correct thread?

if i'm right, can anyone help me alter or make any cross indicator becoz what i have read here, the indicator either can only change shift/ MA method/ price but not all three...

hope that anyone of you here can help me...can't offer anything but a heartful thanks...thank you.

can anyone make a LWMA open cross close signal ??? thanks!!!!!!

How to change candles colors with MA cross?

Hello friends any one here have an indicator change the candles colorers with cross

Regards

Help with adding sound alert to _3 MA Cross w_Alert v2.mq4

Can someone please help me add the following to this indicator;

1) right now there is an arrow I want to add a sound alert and pop up along with that arrow

2) I need the sound alert to only happen 1 time on each cross (as soon as the arrow apears)

3) I need the pop up alert to say;

a) for up trend - "buy + symbol"

a) for down trend - "sell + symbol"

Thank you,

your efforts are very much apreciated.

the indicator and code is at this link

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/52/_3_ma_cross_w_alert_v2.mq4

Reason: