Cross! - page 22

Any type MA cross with any other type MA

scmtrading,

I have attached a MA cross alert which allows you to choose any type of MA (simple, exponential, smoothed, linear weighted) and cross it with any other type of MA and then give you alerts including email. This universality eliminates the need for a bunch of different MA crossover alerts.

Good luck,

gcgman

Files:

kikiq:
Maybe this can help you

Thanks kikiq, ill give it a try and let you know how I get on. Playing around with a few different ema crosses today ended up giving a nice long entry in audusd at 0.8530 and short eur/aud at 14813, there is merit in them but lots more work to do.

The idea is that the indicator doesnt alert to the actual cross of the ema open/ema close, rather, it will only show a sell alert when the ema (close) closes below the ema(open) by more than a stipulated amount of pips. The reverse would be true for a long trade. The reason to allow the pip trigger to be changed is due to the varying volatility of different pairs and time frames. A 0.5 pip trigger may be fine on 60 min eur/usd but is no good on gbp/jpy. Another interesting filter is when utilising a 21 ema setup.

From looking at the charts when the 21 ema has crossed under the 50 and the 50 fires a short that trade can be ridden until we get a reversal of the entry conditions.

Its just the beginning of course so there is a long way to go. But just what I am playing with.

gcgman:
scmtrading,

I have attached a MA cross alert which allows you to choose any type of MA (simple, exponential, smoothed, linear weighted) and cross it with any other type of MA and then give you alerts including email. This universality eliminates the need for a bunch of different MA crossover alerts.

Good luck,

gcgman

Thanks,

Ill have a play around with settings and see if it helps.

I use 50EMA for a long time

crossing does not give you signal, but could be R/S

lswpr+ema cross indicator...

Hi all! I am looking for a indicator(arrow with sound) when a LSwpr_in+color crosses a exponential moving average. I am only finding ema cross signal Can someone help please? I

_MA_Shift_Crossover_Alert.ex4 indicator

Can anyone please explain how the third MA of this clever EA function in relation to the signals generated by the other two MAs ? Even a short discrption of the different functions wiil be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you CharlesSa

Exit Period?

What is the Exit Period?

gcgman:
scmtrading,

MA_Crossover_Alert.mq4

This is really great - except that the alerts and emails keep on coming on every bar after the 'trigger'. Can anybody change this so that alerts and emails only come once on the actual bar?

ma cross

hi,

that is good but it should only alert and email once there is a cross over, at least within specific timeframe. eg. 1 hour, so if there is several times cross hour within 1 hour, there will be one alert/email only..can it use 3 different MA?

thank you

footy98:
hi,

that is good but it should only alert and email once there is a cross over, at least within specific timeframe. eg. 1 hour, so if there is several times cross hour within 1 hour, there will be one alert/email only..can it use 3 different MA?

thank you

Hi footy98. It already does what you are asking for. It will only alert/email once per bar, e.g. on a 1hour timeframe, it will only alert once in that hour.

My problem is that after this bar, e.g. at the beginning of the next hour, it will alert again! And it will do this at the beginning of every bar. This makes no sense, but I do not have enough knowledge to change the programming.

3 different MA?: you do not need this in one indicator. The indicator only handles one cross. But you can load as many indicators onto one chart as you want, each one with different settings, so you can have 3 or any number of crosses being shown.

Reason: