EA on remote servers ? - page 12

pagan:
Hello,

Can someone please explain how to run a EA on a (vps) server??

Hello,

I've merged your thread with this one.

The 3 streps easy way.

1.Buy a VPS (virtual private server) service.

2.Once you get the needed data (username, password, ip) login to the server

3.Install MT4 and setup your EA.

Good 24/365 server for EA trading

I've been testing some EAs that I think are promising and I believe I'd like to let them run pretty much 24/5, and one I'll event let it ride on weekends due to my confidence that it will close and open orders in time by itself...

My point is, that I can't continue to use my PC for this purpose...it's fine at night, but during the day I have other programs that need the resources. What are the best services that I can use to upload my EA to run my account for me? I need a good service for a decent price. If you can help me, I'd appreciate it.

I moved your post to ths discussion thread.

Other threads which may be interesting:

- https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/4503-ea-hosting-service-includes-monitoring (commercial thread);

- https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174340 (public thread);

- https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (public thread);

- EAs and real accounts: elite section thread.

colynjames:
I've been testing some EAs that I think are promising and I believe I'd like to let them run pretty much 24/5, and one I'll event let it ride on weekends due to my confidence that it will close and open orders in time by itself... My point is, that I can't continue to use my PC for this purpose...it's fine at night, but during the day I have other programs that need the resources. What are the best services that I can use to upload my EA to run my account for me? I need a good service for a decent price. If you can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Hi There,

VPS services are wide ranging, either in price and or in service. Metatrader is a rather large RAM hog and forget about using the backtester if you plan on going with the cheapest plans because the backtester uses a huge amount of RAM as well as Hard Disk drive space.

The service I provide has subscription plans for unlimited RAM and HD disk usage. The webste is OmegaSupreme.com

There are others that are also decent such as: VPSLAND.com :: Advanced VPS Hosting

pagan:
Hello,

Can someone please explain how to run a EA on a (vps) server??

I have an EA I want to trade but I don't want to let my computer on 24 hours a day. . (I also wouldn't have to worry for losing power/internet connection)...

I know where I can get a vps server, but what do I do when I have one?

Thank you very much in advance.

Pagan

I am not good with english. so exseeuse me....

i hope this helps : VPS guide for MT4

autorebbot for VPS

this software good for vps..

Files:
autoshutdown.zip  486 kb

colynjames:
I've been testing some EAs that I think are promising and I believe I'd like to let them run pretty much 24/5, and one I'll event let it ride on weekends due to my confidence that it will close and open orders in time by itself... My point is, that I can't continue to use my PC for this purpose...it's fine at night, but during the day I have other programs that need the resources. What are the best services that I can use to upload my EA to run my account for me? I need a good service for a decent price. If you can help me, I'd appreciate it.

I'm using swVPS. So far is good for me (Swvps.com - Virtual Private Servers - OpenVZ and XEN VPS). and with good price at $19/mo.

hope this help...

Right server for running EA

Does anyone know a perfect server or VPS for running an EA?

The EA I'm planning to run closes a position when it comes to a right timing, however, it doesn't place stoploss orders in advance. So if the server is down and the EA is stopped, a losing position can be extended badly.

I would appreciate if you could let me know a server with no or minimum downtime for a certain period of time. Thanks!

I just gave Easy CGI a try. So far their response from support ceneter via web support is very quick and got all questions in 5 to 30 mins.

But what I found useful is wembot.com Website Monitoring Service. There are similar website monitoring services, but this one can send out a reboot request email to the tech support of a hosting company you use with your email address so that you can get a reply to your address, and it's done automatically when downtime is detected. I'm currently testing it with 14 day trial, but looks like it's useful.

Ddos attack on the vps

hey there everyone. yesterday i've withnessed a downtime of 3 hall hours of eurovps because of Ddos attack. how can i avoid this sort of problem? maybe by buying a semi dedicated program, which is not much more expensive but safer, will solve the problem?

any suggestions will be gladly taken into notice.

Reason: