EA on remote servers ? - page 18

Phantom ea

Apologize to you all for answering this so late.

I believe (not completely sure) that deleting the mqlcache.dat located in the "expert" folder solved the issue.

So far doing good in a demo account.

VPS server I use is OmegaSupreme; fast, good support. The winner EA is FAP Turbo in EURGBP.

Thanks to you all.

I'm using VPSLAND.COM. Very nice price and never had a problem with them.

Basic VPS Questions

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. Is a simple windows host not enough for MT4 hosting. What's the need for a VPS? Here is an example of Windows Hosting starting @ $9.99/month.

Windows ASP .NET web hosting: innovative, stable, AND reliable.

2. Most VPS plans list the Bandwidth/ Data Limit of certain GB. If MT4 is always running, is it not sure to exceed these limits? What happens after that? Does anyone know of a Unlimited Bandwidth plan?

3. I also need a SMTP server on this remote machine to send me email alerts. Does anyone know if these services allow such installation on there remote servers?

Please let me know whatever you know on these questions.

Thanks,

JForex.

Metatrader Hosting Service

Hi,

I have some basic questions about MT4 hosting services.

Firstly, whats the "Monthly Bandwidth", or "Data Limit"? If this is the data limit that MT4 terminal can exchange on internet, then I need to estimate the amount of data that MT4 terminal uses in one month, assuming its running 24X7.

Secondly, do these services have built in SMTP servers for sending emails alerts from MT4?

Lastly, is there any service below $20?

Thanks,

JForex.

JForex78:
Hi,

I have some basic questions about MT4 hosting services.

Firstly, whats the "Monthly Bandwidth", or "Data Limit"? If this is the data limit that MT4 terminal can exchange on internet, then I need to estimate the amount of data that MT4 terminal uses in one month, assuming its running 24X7.

Secondly, do these services have built in SMTP servers for sending emails alerts from MT4?

Lastly, is there any service below $20?

Thanks,

JForex.

So you mean you can't use mt4 on that vps? 9.95$ is very cheap. Why didn't you use it?

VPS Questions

Hi JForex78,

I use a VPS to run three instances of MT4 live and demo, the bandwidth usage is averaging about 2.5 meg per month and on the plan I'm using there doesn't seem to be a cap on the usage. I use Vpsland to provide the service and have chosen their business plan costing about $32 per month. I could get away with using a lower cheaper plan but I think if you are serious about trading then you should pay a bit more for a system that is reliable with enough resources.

Regarding the e-mail alerts, you can set up e-mail or you could send live data to your website or blog via RSS feed or even via skype. On skype you could utilise SMS to send the alert to your phone.

Togu:
So you mean you can't use mt4 on that vps? 9.95$ is very cheap. Why didn't you use it?

Hi Togu, I did not use it because I wanted to know if this is same as a VPS?

Looks like its a web hosting solution.

derekc:
Hi JForex78,

I use a VPS to run three instances of MT4 live and demo, the bandwidth usage is averaging about 2.5 meg per month and on the plan I'm using there doesn't seem to be a cap on the usage. I use Vpsland to provide the service and have chosen their business plan costing about $32 per month. I could get away with using a lower cheaper plan but I think if you are serious about trading then you should pay a bit more for a system that is reliable with enough resources.

Regarding the e-mail alerts, you can set up e-mail or you could send live data to your website or blog via RSS feed or even via skype. On skype you could utilise SMS to send the alert to your phone.

Thanks derekc.

I will definitely look into VPS Land. I think it will be good to start with a basic RAM, though the RAM sounds too limited.

With VPSland, I can run 5 EA

Reason: