Coding EA on iPad? - page 4

dQxTrades: Interesting. So back testing uses a lot of ram etc? Or is it that it will do it but be slow so do your back testing overnight and see results in the morning. Which with a vps is very possible?

Yes, it does use a lot of RAM and CPU, and if you don't have enough it can actually stall (on MT5) or become extremely slow (on MT4), or even just stop and report that it is unable to continue due to lack of resources.

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, it does use a lot of RAM and CPU, and if you don't have enough it can actually stall (on MT5) or become extremely slow (on MT4), or even just stop and report that it is unable to continue due to lack of resources.

So maybe back test in batches. Last week. Last fortnight. Or two weeks at a time?

Irritating but until I get more money make do and make it work…

dQxTrades: So maybe back test in batches. Last week. Last fortnight. Or two weeks at a time? Irritating but until I get more money make do and make it work…

It is impossible to answer that without an actual EA to test, because it depends on how efficient or inefficient your code is, both in terms of CPU as well as RAM usage. It also depends on if the EA is Multi-currency and/or Multi-time-frame, as those consume a whole lot more of CPU, RAM and disk-space in the tests.

Personally, I would recommend you focus on your own home financial issues first in order to get to a stable life. What is the use on focusing on an EA when you don't even have the finances to use for funding a trading account for it?

Focus on making money the traditional way, and only when you have money to spare, should you worry about trading and EA development.

Fernando Carreiro:

It is impossible to answer that without an actual EA to test, because it depends on how efficient or inefficient your code is, both in terms of CPU as well as RAM usage. It also depends on if the EA is Multi-currency and/or Multi-time-frame, as those consume a whole lot more of CPU, RAM and disk-space in the tests.

Thanks.

I’ll look and see what happens.

Fernando Carreiro:

Personally, I would recommend you focus on your own home financial issues first in order to get to a stable life. What is the use on focusing on an EA when you don't even have the finances to use for funding a trading account for it?

Focus on making money the traditional way, and only when you have money to spare, should you worry about trading and EA development.

Personally I think this is a misleading answer and anyone who reads it must not be put of trading due to money, actual or perceived lack or abundance there off.

There are demo accounts, which of course I will be using while I learn to code.

The principal and practice of trading can be learned without without the latest water cooled supercomputer.

Learn how the markets move and which strategy is a positive benefit to you.

My only question was is it possible to use an iPad to code, run and manage an EA.

The answer seems to be yes in theory but Be aware of limitations.

That and how to go about it is all that needs to be said…

Good luck to you all and may the markets be with you.
Reason: