EA on remote servers ? - page 16

Bleifish:
Hi guys,

I'm running two EAs on two demo account on Alpari. One of them is Alpha9, one is FapTurbo.

But I noticed there are a lot of double orders on both EAs.

Which means: same time, same price and nearly (due to MM I think) size.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thank you

Chris

Are you using a VPS? If yes you must have two sessions opened, then contact support to know how to close one of them and how to login without start a new session.

If you don't use VPS I don't know why this hapen.

yes, your are right, I'm running it on a VPS.

Thank you so much, odirlei!

Chris

Sometimes, when I login to the server 2 times simutaniously (remote access) so I have same case: all the trades are opened 2 times. It is because I created 2 desktops (2 windows) with Metatraders ...

I think you have this case.

Sometimes because the other person login and see the trades in the same time with you having same password and login.

Bleifish:
yes, your are right, I'm running it on a VPS.

Thank you so much, odirlei!

Chris

You are wellcome, I'm glad in help you.

if i was to run say max 4 mt4 platforms with one account and one EA on each which one would i choose??

Swvps.com - USA & UK Windows Virtual Private Servers - XEN VPS

virtuozzo or Xen? (the cheapest ones?)

is people pretty much happy with SWVPS? ive heard a lot of bad stuff about vps land?

Question to Bleifish:

What is the resulat of the test, specially the FAPTurbo?

Thanks.

Forex VPS Service

For those of you looking for a VPS Service to host your metatrader and trading software check out this one Forex Trading VPS - Install your automated systems on a reliable server

I know there are a few others out there, but this one lets you run more than one metatrader without having to pay extra.

Let me know what you think about them.

Using a VPS

I have been using VPS land for more than 2 years now and although there have been some difficulties along the way I find it reliable.

I opted for the better plan as I found it was better to have more resources available which helped stability of the VPS.

I run multiple instances of Metatrader, for my demo and live accounts.

I set up the administrator to login automatically and the metatrader applications to autostart on server restarts.

I think using a VPS is the way to go and it's not difficult manage.

derekc:
I have been using VPS land for more than 2 years now and although there have been some difficulties along the way I find it reliable.

I opted for the better plan as I found it was better to have more resources available which helped stability of the VPS.

I run multiple instances of Metatrader, for my demo and live accounts.

I set up the administrator to login automatically and the metatrader applications to autostart on server restarts.

I think using a VPS is the way to go and it's not difficult manage.

Thanks a lot Dereck,

so what is the VPS company you using ? Or the one you recommend us to use ?

I have only tried VPS Land VPSLAND.com :: Advanced VPS Hosting.

They seem to be ok, they have been able to support me when I have had problems. I have had one occasion when the VPS had to be re-set up and I lost 1 trading day. I think it is important to set up and maintain the server properly from the users end to keep it running smoothly.

Reason: