SPOUTNIKH1V1.1 = 600 PIPS A WEEK (per currency) TRADING SYSTEM IS LOOKING FOR EA !!! - page 14

keris2112:
No disrespect meant to Winners, but I think Dan's post above is one of the best posts I've ever seen on any of these trading forums. Keris

Yes, ofcourse my intention was not to discredit Winners.

Quite the other way around, I find it very nice whenever anyone is sharing a method!

I did a manual back test for last week on 9 pairs yesterday.

With these simple rules:

30 pip SL and 50 pip TP.

Some trades from thursday and friday I traded live.

Results with gmt times:

GBP/USD

04/18 10:00 +50

04.19 08:00 -30

04/20 08:00 +50

TOTAL +70

EUR/USD

04/18 10:00 +50

04/19 16:00 -30

TOTAL +20

CHF/USD

04/18 09:00 +50

TOTAL +50

NZD/USD

04/18 08:00 +50

04/21 09:00 +25 (traded this live, closed friday afternoon before I left office)

TOTAL +125

USD/CAD

04/18 07:00 +50

04/20 09:00 -30

TOTAL +20

AUD/USD

04/18 12:00 -30

04/21 08:00 +25 (live trade, closed friday again, would have made +50 still on friday)

TOTAL +45

USD/JPY

04/18 08:00 -30

04/18 12:00 +50

04/19 13:00 -30

04/20 06:00 -30

04/21 08:00 +50

TOTAL: -30

EUR/JPY

04/18 08:00 -20 (reversal signal)

04/19 02:00 -20 (reversal signal)

04/19 13:00 -30

04/20 13:00 -30

TOTAL -100

GBP/JPY

04/17 02:00 +50

04/19 10:00 +50

04/20 13:00 -30

04/21 09:00 +50

TOTAL +120

Overall Total for the week: +320

These are all signals I could find that happened during the working times suggested by winners. 07-12 gmt and 15-18 gmt for dollar pairs and 1-15 for the yen pairs.

26 trades across 9 pairs for the week

15 profitable trades

11 negative trades

Total failure only on E/J all other pairs profited except U/J with a slightly negative result for this week.

Hi Dan,

Quite good results for the system not having more work than what it has. Good job!

This next week I intend to forward test it using a combination of filters. I'm going to go a little wide on the SL and see how it does.

My feeling is that Spoutnik is better suited to medium/long trades, maybe even going overnight.

Thanks!

moneyline

Hi Winners and All,

This coming week I'm going to do forward testing with Spoutnik and I'm going to go for medium to long trades.

I had wondered about MACD and CCI indicators. I've heard them mentioned in very favorable terms.

The indicators I've been using to filter out some of the false signals were proposed by Harold4x on the CatFX50 thread. They are:

StepMA_Stoch ...setings: 10, 1.0, 0, 2000 bars

StepMA_Stoch_v1 ....settings: 10, 1.0, 0

StepSto_v1 ...setings: 1.0, 1.0

When all 3 of the above indicators show a crossing, it is an extra confirmation of good directional movement. On the other hand, should they show a real shallow crossing, or all 3 of them don't show a crossing, it's very likely a false signal.

The latest version of Spoutnik does go a long way to clear up some of the false signals. The ones that remain could be further cleared up with the indicators mentioned above. Though they lag Spoutnik, the fact I'm looking to work with medium to long trades should make the loss of a few pips not a big deal. This is the choice for me: Either lose pips by jumping in without extra confirmation, or wait a little and get a good signal that may provide better gain.

moneyline

Update to using StepMa_Stoch_v1

Seems like these are the best settings for it?

I've seen in a few posts that these are the new settings:

PeriodWATR = 10

Kwatr = 1.1

HighLow = 2000

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

WinnerS - The Return !!!

Hi all Members !

Thank you for your contributions these last days.

I had one week very loaded with my work beside Forex.

I could not take part in this Thread.

I also saw that certain people critizing negatively or positively.

Indeed, iGoR said that I did not reacte to his advises and posts...

Indeed i was not in the forum during 4 days and FYI Igor i do not care about the number of post on sputniks.

I am an open guy and want to see the methode based on sputnik improved and all contributions are welcome from time they are here to improve the EA developped by Nick improved. This method is not perfect

We are here to try to imporve it all together !

Nick, moneyline, aTheWicker,Coyan, Dan S and other contributed to development of the EA and i was very glad to see that method could be of interest... So lets works hand in hand instead to fight !

I just ask iGoR that it make us benefit from his 9 Years experiment of Forex in order to improve this method...

I want only to improve this possible method (and then EA) it with the assistance of all traders who can find any interest in thsi method

I chose TSD because it is excellent (the Best) Forum relating to METATRADER.

Thank you Dan S to have posted your results.

Thank you MoneyLine to have such an amount of accuracy and reflexion in your remarks.

Thank you also iGoR to have raised a certain number of roblems

Indeed, like it iGoR says, StepMaStoch functions with same the left entries and that SPUTNIK but without the false signals.

I agree with that, but it does not get as much vision over the real time than the pack of indicators of SPUTNIK (Than think about it?)

Moneyline, I wanted as to say you as SPUTNIK was worked out to follow the trend on movements intraday or swing.

Thus you are right, it is well for Means and long term.

For do the technical side, think possible to use levels of entries on MACD and CCI in order to filter the false signals ?

Because indeed, it misses nothing any more but this parameter to be able to start to see better results occurring.

Awaiting your next contributions and Idea of correction of the EA developped by Nick.

FYI The EA is running on 4 majors by me in HA and i will post first resultas beginning this week.

Kind regards

Hi Money line,

I assure you that the parameters for "Step My Stoch" are well 10 - 1.1 - 2000. It is not worth while to use Step MA Stoch with Hist Step My Stoch + max Bar for example because they give identical information !!!

It is simply necessary to choose that which gives us the best visual indications and it's very personal...

Good week Moneyline and also with all the other members with Spoutnik Method.

Hi all,

My last contribution to this topic.

Again this posting is only to help if I sound hard, it is the only way to make myself clear.

I don't understand that here and in so many other topics, people come up with a system and there they sit, wachting like ducks on a pond to each other and wait what would happen...looking if someone will make an EA ..watching what the results would be if they start to trade this system....demo testing it for some time ...etc...

Instead of losing time why do most of you find it so hard to go over historical data manually and calculate what the results would have been ? (we don't talk about executing a brainsurchery)...

Don't fool yourselfs. Pick out periods were you don't see heavy trends but were price is moving more or less sideways. Januari and februari are good months to do some manual backtesting. Go over the chart take a pencill and write down every trade or signal that is been given. Take this results in to a spreadsheet and calculate what the total result was over that period. Look how many consecutive losing trade you would have. Calculate what the MaxDD would have been of those consecutive losses, look to the worst periods and ask yourselfs if you would have sticked to this or any other method wich gives you X amount of consecutive losing trades or X amount of MaxDD or X amount of loss.

The backtesting of MT4.0 is absolutly not to be trusted. Not even a litlle bit. The simplest test show that this backtesting is unreliable so you need to do it manually. I know that manually backtesting over a short period like 3 months doesn't proof anything so if you could do more data then do it. If you check 1 year data it will take you 1 compleet day to check that data but at the end of that day you will know if a system is crap or interesting enough to put more energy and time in it. If it proofs to be crap leave that system for what it is and move over to the next system and do the same.

People make some postings of results made over the last week. But if you would ask them what this system would have done over the last 3 months, they don't know and it's like they don't care. Is it that they hope that a pair will not get stuck in a consolidation period in the future, I don't know but I know that every system would have made profit over the last week. The system I introduced on the sbfx forum (I_FX_T) did extremely well but it underperformed over januari and februari. So start to check out the data from 1st januari till know.

My experience tells me that it is not worth while to follow this method because I does not beat a simple indicator. Maybe one only needs one indicator to have a good method ? ...But don't sit there as ducks waiting what the future will bring if the past is there to be investigated. Maybe this manuall backtest will proof that I'm wrong. If I see a posting of a spreadsheet with consistant good results or results with a bearable MaxDD, I will be the first to come back to this forum and admit that I overloocked something and that I'm wrong.

friendly greetings and keep up the good work....iGoR

moneyline:
Hi Winners and All,

This coming week I'm going to do forward testing with Spoutnik and I'm going to go for medium to long trades.

I had wondered about MACD and CCI indicators. I've heard them mentioned in very favorable terms.

The indicators I've been using to filter out some of the false signals were proposed by Harold4x on the CatFX50 thread. They are:

StepMA_Stoch ...setings: 10, 1.0, 0, 2000 bars

StepMA_Stoch_v1 ....settings: 10, 1.0, 0

StepSto_v1 ...setings: 1.0, 1.0

When all 3 of the above indicators show a crossing, it is an extra confirmation of good directional movement. On the other hand, should they show a real shallow crossing, or all 3 of them don't show a crossing, it's very likely a false signal.

The latest version of Spoutnik does go a long way to clear up some of the false signals. The ones that remain could be further cleared up with the indicators mentioned above. Though they lag Spoutnik, the fact I'm looking to work with medium to long trades should make the loss of a few pips not a big deal. This is the choice for me: Either lose pips by jumping in without extra confirmation, or wait a little and get a good signal that may provide better gain.

moneyline

Hi Moneyline,

how is ur forward test going so far? Can you please post your statment....

Thanks

Babar

Manual Test

iGoR:
Hi all,

IInstead of losing time why do most of you find it so hard to go over historical data manually and calculate what the results would have been ? (we don't talk about executing a brainsurchery)...

Take this results in to a spreadsheet and calculate what the total result was over that period. Look how many consecutive losing trade you would have. Calculate what the MaxDD would have been of those consecutive losses, look to the worst periods and ask yourselfs if you would have sticked to this or any other method wich gives you X amount of consecutive losing trades or X amount of MaxDD or X amount of loss.

friendly greetings and keep up the good work....iGoR

iGoR,

I am interested in manually testing Sputnik. Could u provide me with information on how to perform the manual testing; or at least direct me to where I can obtain the info.

It's no excuse.........but I too am new to forex.

Regards...jj/.

Hi babarmughal,

I'm afraid to say work got in the way of testing it this week. I look forward to testing it next week.

moneyline

Reason: