Professionals, let's create an EA together! - page 8

Dr.Trader:

Fibonacci's not going to take it either to be honest :) But it seems that it may use zigzags.

I have tested my Expert Advisor on eurusd and it seems that it does not have universal settings and in the long term it either loses profit or balance goes up and down. However, it is good for optimization and keeps profit for some time. The optimization period should be ten times larger than the period of further trading. For example, one can optimize on two years and then trade for two months.

Also, I do not think it makes sense to close orders halfway, it's better to close the entire order at once.

Fibonacci levels are not universal, they must be changed according to optimization. Rebound points should also be changed, as well as stop loss, take profit and so on. Only the rule itself is universal: "If the price rebounds at X level of the previous zigzag, it will go up with some chance, and down with some chance. In order to catch these chances, a statistically profitable stop and take is set.

Of course, I suppose I still need to filter signals - but this method has its advantage compared to many ideas - knowing exactly where the entries and exits are. On TP1 and TP2 - not always reaching TP1 either, but what can you do, let's see what we can come up with.

Dear developers, let's move on. And so Option 2 - using Fibonacci lines using the method previously discussed.

In the chart below was Option 1, on which I was waiting for the 50% level to be touched.

Chart EURUSD, D1, 2016.02.12 15:09 UTC, International Capital Markets Pty Ltd, MetaTrader 4, Real

Below is Option 2 - for which the author has already gone in to sell and taken quite a few pips

Chart EURUSD, D1, 2016.02.12 15:09 UTC, International Capital Markets Pty Ltd, MetaTrader 4, Real

If the price has fallen dramatically after it reached a maximum - by Ndrop pips (for example 100 pips, it depends on the time frame), we take the low of the bar where the price reached its maximum. As you have understood all this will automatically depending on the conditionNdrop, and the Expert Advisor will automatically choose how to build the Fibonacci lines. Have a nice and fruitful weekend everyone!

Izzatilla Ikramov:
Stop loss should have two options - a) a stop loss is triggered if price touches the 61.8% level and b) a stop loss is triggered if price closes below (buy) / above (sell) 61.8% in the TFSL timeframe (eg: H4 bar close price below / above 61.8%).
Also, the stop loss is not implemented as we would like it to be.

An interesting idea came up yesterday - why do we always focus on the higher time frame and trade on the lower one, from fractal geometry - if the fractional part is similar to the object itself, then why not look at the lower time frame to consider entering on the current time frame, maybe there is someone looking, but with the current methodology I have not tried yet. Who has any opinions. And I'll check out how things go with this approach.

Still some of the aforementioned tweaks to the Fibonacci lines advisor remain incomplete.

Профессионалы, создадим советник вместе?!
Профессионалы, создадим советник вместе?!
  • www.mql5.com
В ходе нужно будет также определить список индикаторов для дополнительного использования в советнике (ориентировочно это фракталы, zig-zag (вожможно модифицированный), ATR и др. - Страница 7 - Категория: автоматические торговые системы

> An interesting idea came up yesterday - why do we always focus on the higher time frame and trade on the lower one, from fractal geometry - if the fractional part is similar to the object itself, then why not look at the lower time frame to consider entering on the current time frame, maybe there is someone looking, but with the current methodology I have not tried yet. Who has any opinions. And I'll check out how things work in this approach.

Instead of setting orders in a separate EA/timeframe, it is possible (and quite reasonable) to increase/decrease the common variable (terminal variable) and trade when it reaches some level. But it is too cumbersome to check such a complex in the tester - we will have to make the EAs a-la indicators/arrows or implement them in the OO style as a "strategy".

If we look at the "evolution" of signals/events by timeframes, they pass from lower to higher TFs. And sometimes when a signal can finally be detected in a high TF, it is already the other way round in the lowermost one :-)

An example of real trading using the methodology described in this thread. Of course, before that the market took 4 stop losses at 2.3% of the deposit, 3 positions closed at breakeven level (Fibo 50%+5 pips), and this deal, which reached TP1 and brought 3.5% of the deposit. As a result +1.2%, and there are also some positions, which have not yet reached the target.

Chart EURUSD, D1, 2016.05.03 15:47 UTC, Forexstart, MetaTrader 4, Real

Dear Members of the Forum

As they say, there are two pieces of news for you - one is good and the other is not so good.

The good news is that we finally managed to make an Expert Advisor, which works using the method we have raised in this thread.

Now about the not so good news: EA has a stable performance only in one currency pair without any optimization, the drawdown is low and the profitability is not very high and it fluctuates in the positive side. I will not post the EA itself here as it is spent and it is the property of a few.

Conclusions: I have to move on, I believe we can do much better with what we have - I have a few ideas. So if you, dear programmers, have interest, please do not hesitate to contact me and we will work on the improvement.

I have a similar EA, working on improving it.

But in your EA I do not find conditions to enter the market.

For example, looking at your picture, why didn't it enter the market at 1.073 from the pullback?

Aleksandr Prishenko:

I have a similar EA, working on improving it.

But in your EA I do not find market entry conditions.

For example, looking at your picture, why didn't it enter the market at 1.073 ?

The entry is strictly at the 50% level as described at the beginning of the thread.
Reason: