SPOUTNIKH1V1.1 = 600 PIPS A WEEK (per currency) TRADING SYSTEM IS LOOKING FOR EA !!! - page 12

leightonbeaty:
Hi,

I have been demo foward testing Sputnik1(1).0.2 and the problem I am having is the program ALERTS me to

BUY or SELL but will not produce a transaction on its own.

I have the program turned on an with a SMILEY FACE. When I placed the program onto the chart I made

sure I checked box allow live trading.

Does anyone have any ideas whats wrong???

tks in advance.

leighton

I test it in 5 minutes with "ask manual confirmation" ON,

and run ok.

Coyan

Hi Winners,

which MM rules do you apply when you trade manually?

a)

TP: open

SL: 50

Trailing Stop: 50

or b)

TP: 50

SL: 30

Trailing Stop: 30

Thank you for sharing!

the problem with spoetnik method

HI Winner and others,

First of all I would like to say that this posting is only to try to help Winner and others who follow this method. I don't want to sound or be negative in any way.

Many set ups that one sees contain a lott of uselles indicators.With uselles I mean that they don't help in any way to the method or entry's.

Reason for this is the following:

You have leading indicators and laging or filter indicators.

In the spoetnik set up the leading indicators are the MA's. Because the MA's have small values on a large time frame they give a lott of singals. Even more they give so many signals one has to putt filters on them because otherwise you get wipsawed to dead if you would trade on every signal they give.

So in the spoetnik method you use 3 indicators (in the lower windows) to filter out all those signals. But what happens now ?...you can only enter when the 3 indicators lign up. When they lign up the MA's will always show the same signal as the 3 indicators. So in this set up the MA's don't add anything to the set up and therefor they are uselles.

If whe now look to the 3 indicators and what they do ?

In a nice trend market there is no problem they pick up the trend very quickly and they catch the whole move. BUT because they are very quick, in a consolidation market, they give to many signals. It is easy and very attempting to look to the nice market moves and dream of all the money one would made and post images of those market moves. But if we want to be honest, we need to look to the situations were we can get in trouble.

The image included show a situation like that. The spoetnik method generates 11 signals (vertical lines) in total over that period. 7 of them are losing trades 1 is breakeven and 3 of them are winners. BUT the 3 winners don't add up to cover the 7 losses. So one needs a filter who does not generate that many signals in a consolidation market. If we look to the stepmastoc histogram indicator (the bottom window) and we give it a setting of 10--1.1--2000 we see that in that same period the indicator would have given only 3 signals and all 3 were winners. The example that I show isnot an exception. In all of the consolidation periods the stepmastoc beats every time the 3 indicators of the spoetnik.

Now and then you see that the stepmastoc would enter 1 or 2 bars later in a trend that is profitable. But the quicker entrys of the spoetnik indicators, in profitable trends, don't add up for all the unnesescary losses it makes in a consolidation market.

So bottom line is that the MA's are of no use and the 3 indicators can be replaced with this one stepmastoc indicator. I know that his sounds hard but I sujest that you to take whatever pair an back test manually over a 2 month period. It doesn't take that much time to do this because on a 1 hour chart you don't get that many signals. And you will see that the spoetnik method can't beat the single stepmastoc indicator.

Again I'm only trying to help and in no way trying to break down your topic.

I'm a professional trader for 9 years and 2 years as a fund manager and I recognize emmidiatly a good method or set up or system when I see one.

friendly greetings...iGoR

Files:
spoetnik.gif  60 kb

Igor,

Able to share your stepmastoc indicator ?

Thanks

Guys are you testing EA of Sputnik? how is it going so far... I would like to test it forward beginning monday...

Yes Moneyline,

I precisely thought about that yesterday.

It is necessary to close open order in progress when the opposite rules appear .

And of course, it's necessary that the EA takes again also an opposite order from time opposite rules appear.

Kind regards

iGoR:
HI Winner and others,

First of all I would like to say that this posting is only to try to help Winner and others who follow this method. I don't want to sound or be negative in any way.

Many set ups that one sees contain a lott of uselles indicators.With uselles I mean that they don't help in any way to the method or entry's.

In the spoetnik set up the leading indicators are the MA's. Because the MA's have small values on a large time frame they give a lott of singals. Even more they give so many signals one has to putt filters on them because otherwise you get wipsawed to dead if you would trade on every signal they give.

So in the spoetnik method you use 3 indicators (in the lower windows) to filter out all those signals. But what happens now ?...you can only enter when the 3 indicators lign up. When they lign up the MA's will always show the same signal as the 3 indicators. So in this set up the MA's don't add anything to the set up and therefor they are uselles.

In a nice trend market there is no problem they pick up the trend very quickly and they catch the whole move. BUT because they are very quick, in a consolidation market, they give to many signals. It is easy and very attempting to look to the nice market moves and dream of all the money one would made and post images of those market moves. But if we want to be honest, we need to look to the situations were we can get in trouble.

The image included show a situation like that. The spoetnik method generates 11 signals (vertical lines) in total over that period. 7 of them are losing trades 1 is breakeven and 3 of them are winners. BUT the 3 winners don't add up to cover the 7 losses. So one needs a filter who does not generate that many signals in a consolidation market. If we look to the stepmastoc histogram indicator (the bottom window) and we give it a setting of 10--1.1--2000 we see that in that same period the indicator would have given only 3 signals and all 3 were winners. The example that I show isnot an exception. In all of the consolidation periods the stepmastoc beats every time the 3 indicators of the spoetnik.

Now and then you see that the stepmastoc would enter 1 or 2 bars later in a trend that is profitable. But the quicker entrys of the spoetnik indicators, in profitable trends, don't add up for all the unnesescary losses it makes in a consolidation market.

So bottom line is that the MA's are of no use and the 3 indicators can be replaced with this one stepmastoc indicator. I know that his sounds hard but I sujest that you to take whatever pair an back test manually over a 2 month period. It doesn't take that much time to do this because on a 1 hour chart you don't get that many signals. And you will see that the spoetnik method can't beat the single stepmastoc indicator.

I'm a professional trader for 9 years and 2 years as a fund manager and I recognize emmidiatly a good method or set up or system when I see one.

... not to meantion signal confirmations for even more lost pips.

iGoR:
HI Winner and others,

Is this your indicator?

(setting 10 -1.1 -2000)

Files:

Hi All,

The problem I'm having is fixing an arbitrary number to the TakeProfit setting.

Spoutnik follows the market so well, wouldn't it be better to continue to develop it to remove as many false signals as we can?

Couldn't the change to an opposite signal be the triggerthat will close the previous order (taking profit) and also initiating a new order?

Of course, there will still be some false signals and bad trades, but my gut tells me this is the direction to go.

moneyline

winners:
Yes Moneyline,

I precisely thought about that yesterday.

It is necessary to close open order in progress when the opposite rules appear .

And of course, it's necessary that the EA takes again also an opposite order from time opposite rules appear.

Kind regards

Hi Winners and All,

About false signals:

I doubt that for an EA there will ever be a way to completely eliminate all false signals.

Since we all know in our gut what a good and bad signal behave like, wouldn't a further way to filter - or minimize the damage - of a bad entry be the percentage of change since the signal?

Let me explain:

When we take a trade, say long, we keep looking at our chart and we know it's a good trade because we see the difference. A few bars after we take the trade, the markets position has changed VS where we entered. I haven't done the numbers, but it would appear there is a mathematical relationship there. Look at this:

entry --> if X % of change in direction of trade @ X amount of bars --> keep trade, if not -as in false (or flat) signal - close trade.

It appears to me that Spoutnik is good at calling out the medium to large market moves. On the other hand, the relationship above could also be used to filter many of the trades and only take the ones that pass the test above.

What do you think?

moneyline

Reason: