MT4 often to disconected and ping failed!

hey guys,..do you have any ideas why my MT4 often disconected in a several minute or sometime ping failed reported on journal tab. By the way my internet connection doesn,t have any problem or it's always connected. It's a big problem for me because even our EA have a agreat winning potensials, it doesn't work if we have a ping failed or disconnected while the signal come. is there anyone have the same problem or it's just me? . Is the problem comes from the server or else? Can anyone help me to resolve this problem? please help....i'm tired to lossing the opportunity to winning the trade just because the technical problem

Files:
journal_tab.jpg  32 kb

If what you are using is FxDD MT4 and just happen now, then we got the same problem. Maybe something happen to FxDD MT4 server, I'm now quite sure, but I do have connection and ping fail problem just recently. Hope this help

firedave:
If what you are using is FxDD MT4 and just happen now, then we got the same problem. Maybe something happen to FxDD MT4 server, I'm now quite sure, but I do have connection and ping fail problem just recently. Hope this help

I use IBFX MT4,..btw thanx for your respons

harryhid:
I use IBFX MT4,..btw thanx for your respons

I've had several problems with IBFX. Could never run EAs properly using it becuase it would always disconnect.

Is this server problem or MT4 weakness?

If that so,..i wonder how does the winning trader that using EA get pass through to this situations. How they can resolve this problem? If this a server problem, just let us know which broker that will be able to guaranty if there is no problem such like that. But, if this is a part of weakness of MT4, please just let us know how to resolve this problem. We need advice or suggestions from an experience trader who can resolve this problem. Can we be a winner too?.................

harryhid:
If that so,..i wonder how does the winning trader that using EA get pass through to this situations. How they can resolve this problem? If this a server problem, just let us know which broker that will be able to guaranty if there is no problem such like that. But, if this is a part of weakness of MT4, please just let us know how to resolve this problem. We need advice or suggestions from an experience trader who can resolve this problem. Can we be a winner too?.................

1- If you go live you have to be sure you have a good connection.

2- You have to be sure that the Broker has a good server.

3- You have to be sure that the expert advisor designed with the ability to resend the order ( retires ) and uses slippage not less than 5.

4- I didn't try to run two instances of MetaTrader using the same account. But if this work it will be adviced to run more than one instance and we can write a small program in visual basic/visual c++ to handle the expert advisor instances loaded in the treminals.

codersguru:
4- I didn't try to run two instances of MetaTrader using the same account. But if this work it will be adviced to run more than one instance and we can write a small program in visual basic/visual c++ to handle the expert advisor instances loaded in the treminals.

Would this visual basic/ visual c++ program be able to tell that there was another instance of the EA running so that there would not be a duplication of orders? Would the 2 platforms have to be running on different internet connections? Of course if the ping failure was due to the broker, it really doesnt' matter.

Codersguru, it would be nice if you could write something like this for redundancy purposes. thanks

No problems here

just for information purpose. I am in USA using cable modem connection using many different broker demo connections and have been doing very well no problems. I am thinking it could be internet connection problem.

novafx99:
just for information purpose. I am in USA using cable modem connection using many different broker demo connections and have been doing very well no problems. I am thinking it could be internet connection problem.

I agree with novafx99. I have one example:

- computer located in Russia can connect with Alpari server with no any problem during the day time only;

- computer locased in US does not have good connection with Alpari.

It is internet conection with broker's server. Mainly it is not pure connection. Internet is going through many getaways. For example alpari server may be the following: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Finland, USA, Asia and so on. And finally I am getting the signal to my Metatrader. In some cases it depends on provider. Because internet providers are selling/buying the internet to each other and to me and so on.

To solve this problem it is necessary to evaluate the situation:

- proxy and firewalls;

- try to change internet provider.

- if it is not helping so change the broker.

Many people are changing the broker because of the bad connection only.

I had the same problems with some brokers and finally I changed the brokers.

And I do not know how this problem can be solved technically by one user of Metatrader.

newdigital:
I agree with novafx99. I have one example:

- computer located in Russia can connect with Alpari server with no any problem during the day time only;

- computer locased in US does not have good connection with Alpari.

It is internet conection with broker's server. Mainly it is not pure connection. Internet is going through many getaways. For example alpari server may be the following: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Finland, USA, Asia and so on. And finally I am getting the signal to my Metatrader. In some cases it depends on provider. Because internet providers are selling/buying the internet to each other and to me and so on.

To solve this problem it is necessary to evaluate the situation:

- proxy and firewalls;

- try to change internet provider.

- if it is not helping so change the broker.

Many people are changing the broker because of the bad connection only.

I had the same problems with some brokers and finally I changed the brokers.

And I do not know how this problem can be solved technically by one user of Metatrader.

What broker do have now?

harryhid:
What broker do have now?

It depends on my location (geographically), internet provider and broker's server location. I can connect with no problem with North Finance and Fibo Group. They have similar with Alpari data. And I do not have experience with IBFX so I do not know. Probably I do not have any problem with IBFX as well: I mean when people said on this forum that they don't have connection with IBFX I have connection in that time (in most cases).

The other people should have the other experience because it depends on geographical location of the person.

Reason: