Moving Average Experts! - page 12

codersguru:
Contest is not over and PriceCross is giving me one of the 3 winners every month!

i can't find the contest, how can i find it??????

A quick question if I may - have you back-tested this PriceCross EA in Metatrader strategy tester? What are the results there (close, in the right direction or completely off the track)? The thing is I am testing an EA of my own which is doing quite well in forward testing on my demo account, but back-testing reports (90% MQ) show loss.

By the way I agree that MAs are the best

"Price Cross EA" from first page

"Price Cross EA" from first page

Please tell me somebody if can where can i find code of this system ready to do installed into metatrader. i don`t know this soft yet well

regards

tommy

PriceCross EA, MAChannel EA and new Xp_EMAs EA were posted in elite section. Because we had contest and I hope that our contest will be continue one day. Besides as you know Codersguru will participate in an other contest: Metaquotes contest.

That is why it was posted in elite section only (about 2 or 3 months ago).

I am forward testing those EAs with default settings on H1 timeframes:

PriceCross EA since 03rd July (4 majors);

MAChannel EA since 03rd of July (EURUSD, USDCHF and EURGBP);

and

new Xp_EMAs EA since 04th of September this year (4 majors + AUDUSD and + USDCAD).

Results are different. All those EAs are profitable but for some particular pairs only. Not for all the pairs.

All the forward testing statements were posted in elite section.

But you may see my personal statement from my real account here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (attachments only).

It was an idea to change the settings of those EAs according to optimization and do it every month. For example, use the settings in October which were optimized with September's data, and so on. Because market is changing and those EAs are just MA crossing ... Because I still feel that it is risky EAs.

I did not do that and i was very surprised that those EAs are very profitable during the several months forward testing (but not for all the pairs).

I hope that Codersguru will win contest http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/15

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/

Thanks Newdigital , i join soon to elite section

T3 and T3ma help wanted!!!

Very nice ma program.......can anyone combine

these 2 files. T3 and T3MA files and send out an alert/Send mail in the same file? This would be mightely appreciated and used by a lot of people. Programming is a very tough concept.. Elliot waves -- much easier.

thanks!

tommy:
Thanks Newdigital , i join soon to elite section

well.. i'm a newbie please give me some instructions how to become an elite member...

Moving average expert advisor

Hi all! I uploaded an expert advisor and was wondering if someone can help me add a stop loss if possible. I have no programming knowledge so I wouldn't know how to modify in metaeditor. I appreciate any assistance.

Here is the ea:

Files:
ema_6_12.mq4  8 kb

Potentialy very profitable system

ok so iv been playing around with this idea for some time now but i wanna hear what you guys think. im sure many of you have heard of/tried a system like this before but it seems to have the potential to be very profitable as a manual system. simply open a 15m chart and place a smoothed ma of 1000 and then another smoothed ma of anywhere between 20-50. i havent figured out a sure fire exit strategy. probably a trailing stop would be best but let me know yalls opinions.

much obliged

Is it possible to make this very simple EA?

hallo to everybody!

Is it possible to make this very simple EA?

When a smoothed weighted close MA crosses a prefixed price (that I must put in) ABOVE the EA should make LONG position.

When a smoothed weighted close MA crosses a prefixed price (that I must put in) BELOW the EA should reverse in a SHORT position.

-MA adjustable

-lots size (adjustable)

-close trade and/or reverse

-any pair and time frame

-adjustable take profit

-needs to work with mini/micro accounts

Thanks guys,

Susan

Reason: