Interesting! Turns out SL means nothing! - page 7

Paha >> :
Can it be done physically? In my opinion, it's impossible to set a take out on a Buy trade instead of a stop. Because TP, Buy deal cannot be set lower than the current price. Rather likely to say that we have "incorrect prices. SL or TP" If I understand you correctly!

That's the thing, I've seen a couple of times here (in Expert Advisors on the Championship) that the stop is replaced with a takeaway .... that's why I asked )))) geez, when I write my EAs, I always use normalize, just to avoid this error....... But here it's interesting - take is replacing stop with ----- (it's like a spread to win back) ?????

The question remains.....

Maybe it's just Trawling the TP towards the SL, then the SL is removed and the TP is put in its place, but where is the price at that time? That's really the question. I can imagine such a thing, but direct substitution .... Haven't seen it!

rider >> :
Once encountered, and now, in view of all the "above" a question has arisen, - can a stop be lower than the opening price on a buy or higher than the opening price on a sell..... question in perspective - can a stop be replaced by a takeaway..... absurdity gentlemen, but........ ??????

What's so surprising here? We opened a Buy, the price went against us, got into some kind of deficit. But according to some criteria, we determine that there will be a pullback from the planned move against the position on which we can close with a smaller loss. We modify TP to be higher than the current price but lower than the open price. Thus, we obtain TP < OpenPrice for a BUY position. This is not to be confused with TP when opening a position.

Investor >> :

1e. there is a fuci on petrol ! The supply contract is called !

2.e. You seem to have understood nothing about swaps, and you lump everything together (I wouldn't be surprised if you added options, etc.) .....

3.i.e. you are a counter agent - if you say so, they will fuck you up.

4.i.e. Swap is now a %nt. and applies to currencies ! And all the rest is futures (when the delivery will be contracted) - go read the terms. I gave you the book.

And the insurance is just for gaps, what does swap and stop execution guarantee have to do with it !

The gasoline example was not quite right. There are futures for gasoline - i.e. exactly gasoline, but I do not know its exact specification. I will say: buying 98 gasoline or jet fuel there are definitely no futures for them. There are futures on a very limited set of products, the rest are forwards and swaps.

Once again, here is a link where you can get started with swaps - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swaps.

You can go there and see how many different swaps are mentioned, and this is just a very short introduction to the world of swap contracts. Then we forget about the "swap is now a %nt. and applies to currencies" and go read the book, especially since you already have it.

Scriptong >> :

We modify TP to a value higher than the current price, but lower than the open price. This gives us TP < OpenPrice at BUY..........

i.e. it is only allowed when modifying an order - do I understand you correctly?

rider >> :

i.e. only allowed when modifying an order - did I understand you correctly?

Of course! It is not possible to put a profit when opening a position below the opening price in a long position and above the opening price in a short position.

SL and STOP orders are the same thing.
TP and LIMIT orders are the same.
I work on the interbank market.
TP (LIMIT) and SL (STOP) orders are executed with a slippage every day. A gap of 1 pip is enough for that.
Example:
The LONG (buy) position has a TP of 1.25500
. The current price is 1.25495, the next price is 1.25510. As a result, the TP will be closed at 1.25510, 1.5 pips better than the requested price. The same goes for the SL. Once again, this is an Interbank REAL, not a MetaTrader.
Furthermore any pending orders may be executed partially. I.e. not for the entire declared volume. After that it turns out that a pose with a certain volume is opened, and the pending order is left hanging with the remains of the initial volume.
And again, since SL and TP are pending orders, the above mentioned applies to them as well. I.e. during a partial closing it may happen that, for example, only a part of a position is closed with TP, while the rest of the position is left hanging.
On the interbank, each tick carries besides the Bid and Ask also the BidVolume and AskVolume. This is the offered volume to buy/sell. You cannot buy/sell more than this volume on a given tick.
There are two reasons when a LIMIT order may be not executed (REJECT):
1. Your order came to the bank later (this is a matter of milliseconds, so server location issues are given great attention) than the other orders on the bank's offer and all the offered volume was exhausted before you (in a few milliseconds). The practice is that the earlier in time you put in a limit, the higher its chances of being executed, because limiters are prioritised by the time they're put in (rather than the volume, as some might think).
2. The bank simply refused to execute someone for their own reasons. For example, the quote from him was wrong.
Further, you can put TP (LIMIT) and SL (STOP) anywhere.
For example, I place BUYLIMIT order above the current Ask price. Then I just get a position opened at the current price, which is to be expected from the definition of LIMIT orders.
Or, for example, I set TP for a LONG position below the current Bid price. Then I will immediately get the position closed (if there is enough volume) at the current Bid price.
P.S. This is the first time I have heard about the SL and TP execution guarantee in this thread.

mql4com >> :
SL and STOP orders are the same thing.
TP and LIMIT orders are the same.
I work on the interbank.
TP (LIMIT) and SL (STOP) orders are slippage free every day. A gap of 1 pip is enough for that .
Example:
There is a TP of 1.25500 on a LONG (buy) position.
The current price is 1.25495, the next TP is 1.25510. As a result, the TP will be closed at 1.25510, 1.5 pips better than the requested price. The same goes for the SL. Again, this is a REAL interbank, not a MetaTrader.
Moreover any pending orders may be executed partially. I.e. not for the entire declared volume. After that it turns out that a pose with a certain volume is opened, and the pending order is left hanging with the remains of the initial volume.
And again, since SL and TP are pending orders, the above mentioned applies to them as well. I.e. in case of a partial closing, it may happen that TP, for example, closed only a part of a position, while the rest of the position is still hanging.
On the interbank, each tick carries besides Bid and Ask also BidVolume and AskVolume. This is the offered volume to buy/sell. It is impossible to buy/sell more than this volume on the THIS tick.
There are two reasons when a LIMIT order may be not executed (REJECT):
1. Your order came to the bank later (we are talking about milliseconds in this case, that is why great attention is paid to server location issues) than other orders on the bank's offer and all the offered volume was exhausted before you (in a few milliseconds). The practice is that the earlier in time you set the limit, the better chance it has of being met, because limiters are prioritised according to when they're set (and not by how much, as some might think).
2. The bank has simply refused to execute someone for its own reasons. For example, the quotation from him was faulty.
Further, TP (LIMIT) and SL (STOP) MAY have been placed anywhere .
For example, I place BUYLIMIT order above the current Ask price. Then I will simply get a position opened at the current price, as you would expect from the definition of LIMIT orders .
Or, for example, I set TP for a LONG position below the current Bid price. Then I will immediately get the position closed (if there is enough volume) at the current Bid price.
P.S. This is the first time I've heard about SL and TP being guaranteed in this thread.

This is ridiculous...do you even read what you're writing?

Because you have explicitly explained the situation that the interbank will not play against you, because the order is in effect and its parameters (price and volume) are already displayed for all to see, as happens on any stock exchange. If you buy at 1.2600 for EURUSD, stop at 1.2550 and keep the profit at 1.2650, assume the current price is 1.2610 and suddenly jump to 1.2660, your profit will not work at 1.2650 but at 1.2660, because he who bought from you indicated a price of 1.2660.... Now the opposite situation, the price jumps down to 1.2540, then your stop will work at 1.2550 and nothing else. Because your bid is already in the market and it can not be bypassed without completely selling everything from the price of 1.2610 to 1.2540 (otherwise it's not interbank, and consider it a kitchen ...) Or prices on the interbank market are formed in some other way than supply - demand?

mql4com писал(а) >>
I work in the interbank market.

Are physical persons allowed on the interbank market?

;)))))))))))

Or is it still an interbank, like "one Swiss forex exchange"?

Not the point though...

:)))

I liked it very much about Metatrade...

Except that they forget that:

- MT has its own, sufficient, system of orders and their execution

based on a sound logic for the dealer market.

kombat >> :

Are physical persons allowed on the interbank already?

Combat, you've fallen behind over the weekend.

It's cool now. It's like how a crimson jacket used to distinguish the new from the old,

Now, if you say "I'm on the interbank", you're a trader. If you don't say it, you're a kafno.

Other arguments don't count.

Reason: