Profit Generator EA results - page 10

Nova is absolutely right.

PG often takes trades that you know straight away are going to fail.

Please read my post in the main PG thread today concerning the currency pairs.

I am in favour of adding extra indicators - if it makes PG more profitable what's wrong with that?

Keep It Simple? What could be more simple than an EA automatically making the trades, regardless of how many indicators are involved?

Mike4x

I meant in terms of what the EA does

Every EA is simple in terms of execution. I don't know about you but I like to know what it's doing.

In any case, this discussion probably belongs on the other thread ... let's try to keep this one just for results as intended.

TraderGeek:
One of the things I think is good about this EA is the application of the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid). I beleive the more complex it becomes, the bigger the chance for failure (or at least makes it hard to figure out what's going on). What intrigued me about this EA to start with is that it was based on price action alone. Let's keep it that way. If we add too many indicators, I think it will become very difficult to deal with.

I'm with you on this TraderGeek. I have almost all of the bells and whistles set to false anyway. I will probably stick with the current version even if there are updates that add more indicators/filters.

As far as PG entering trades that seem illogical, such as a long EUR at the same time you have a short GBP, I don't mind that. I don't think it is that big of a deal. I have seen several instances where this has happened and it turned out ok such as this scenario: 1) we don't know which of those trades is going to win or lose, so initially, it's not hurting to have them in opposite directions; 2) if you have OM set to true, there is a good chance that one of them will close itself with say a -10 or -15 (sometimes even +5 or so too) and the other one will hit TP (also when OM closes that one trade, it will enter in the opposite direction, so at that time they are both agreeing with each other).

This is just my observation of watching this thing work. I like it and I think that it can be profitable. However, everyone has their own ideas about trading styles and I think that carries over to their use of EAs, so that is why many people will have many different opinions/suggestions about EAs, and there is nothing wrong with that. All comments have value.

Sorry, I know this probably belongs in the other thread, but I just wanted to respond here.

TraderGeek:
One of the things I think is good about this EA is the application of the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid). I beleive the more complex it becomes, the bigger the chance for failure (or at least makes it hard to figure out what's going on). What intrigued me about this EA to start with is that it was based on price action alone. Let's keep it that way. If we add too many indicators, I think it will become very difficult to deal with.

It is only few hour on my micro mini live a/c and this ea made 51 pips AND 41 pips floating.

I don't have any conclusion, it has potential, once i was damoing it before it didn't give me that much interesting results i think i was doing it on 4 hr. Now i change settings and results are quite interesting. I think we do need some filter to keep this ea on high voltile market condition. Or if we expect news which will huge votality due to news then we need to set obsalute function little early like 15 minutes or less. What you guys think.

I will post my statement at least after a week.

Peace to all contributer.

Thank you,

SFX

Eric:
I'm with you on this TraderGeek. I have almost all of the bells and whistles set to false anyway. I will probably stick with the current version even if there are updates that add more indicators/filters.

As far as PG entering trades that seem illogical, such as a long EUR at the same time you have a short GBP, I don't mind that. I don't think it is that big of a deal. I have seen several instances where this has happened and it turned out ok such as this scenario: 1) we don't know which of those trades is going to win or lose, so initially, it's not hurting to have them in opposite directions; 2) if you have OM set to true, there is a good chance that one of them will close itself with say a -10 or -15 (sometimes even +5 or so too) and the other one will hit TP (also when OM closes that one trade, it will enter in the opposite direction, so at that time they are both agreeing with each other).

This is just my observation of watching this thing work. I like it and I think that it can be profitable. However, everyone has their own ideas about trading styles and I think that carries over to their use of EAs, so that is why many people will have many different opinions/suggestions about EAs, and there is nothing wrong with that. All comments have value.

Sorry, I know this probably belongs in the other thread, but I just wanted to respond here.

I support KISS factor. Keep it running same way. Lets see what happen.

Bye

SFX

My statement H4 obolete 120 min TP 80 SL 50 I have stoped out my test. I am testing on H1 TP 40 SL 30 I will post my statement.

Files:
statement_1.htm  15 kb

Shahzadfx:
I don't have any conclusion, it has potential, once i was damoing it before it didn't give me that much interesting results i think i was doing it on 4 hr. Now i change settings and results are quite interesting.

I agree SFX. I have had a demo running for almost three weeks on the H4 charts with LongBar 15 and default TP and SL. It has had some good days and some bad, but overall is down slightly. I think the consensus is correct that H1 is probably a better timeframe. I will post my statement in a few hours when I get home so that people can see a few weeks of H4 trades.

mike4X:
Nova is absolutely right.

PG often takes trades that you know straight away are going to fail.

Please read my post in the main PG thread today concerning the currency pairs.

I am in favour of adding extra indicators - if it makes PG more profitable what's wrong with that?

Keep It Simple? What could be more simple than an EA automatically making the trades, regardless of how many indicators are involved?

Mike4x

Mike,

I am interested in hearing your idea. I know that it seems like the two indicators that are there now don't help much, but if you have an idea of one that will help. Basically, I have noticed that the EA is kind of a counter trend EA so that is why EMA does not help (accually hinders it). Same it true with Stochastic.

However, There must be something out there that can help and if anyone does have any suggestions that will truly confirm the signal then that would be wonderful.

I understand and am testing the obsolete method on this EA but it is unclear to me what the "reverse" is for? I currently have it set at false and obsolete at true. Being a novice with EA's could someone tell me if I need both of these to be at the same or different settings? Max Trades is at default 1, has anyone got any feedback on using different Max trades as well? I feel like a real beginner with these EA's however I am willing to learn more. Thank you.

goldensight:
I understand and am testing the obsolete method on this EA but it is unclear to me what the "reverse" is for? I currently have it set at false and obsolete at true. Being a novice with EA's could someone tell me if I need both of these to be at the same or different settings? Max Trades is at default 1, has anyone got any feedback on using different Max trades as well? I feel like a real beginner with these EA's however I am willing to learn more. Thank you.

What Reverse does is this: Say you found some settings that really were $$$ losers. The reverse does just that, reverses the trades so that you can start capitalizing on those trades. It makes all the buys, sells and all the sells, buys.

I hope that helps.

Reason: