Starter EAs - page 5

Hi all,

Which version of the Starter_v6 are you guys testing on?

Currently I just started testing Starter_v6_fv1b on both

GBP and EUR using M15 yesterday Fri.

I have increased the SL to 25.

Thanks to all for sharing all theSE useful data which can

help us to come out with better settings for this EA

I am using the original starter_v6, programmed by fuki (before he made the fv1 mods). It is the one jdun posted earlier in this thread (post #12). The 'special secret' stuff is just fuki clowning around -- that is the original version.

I am using the original settings, TP=11, SL=35. If you test with different settings, I would be curious to see your results as well.

Hi,

So anyone has tested Starter_v6_fv1b yet?

Do I need to add in any indicator like Laguerre

in order for this EA to work?

Thanks

No need to download Laguerre, it should be programmed right into the EA.

Now four weeks of forward testing starter_v6 (original version). This week EUR/USD did well again (+25 pips), other pairs lost this week. This EA seems to perform best on EUR/USD, that much is starting to become more and more clear.

The thing that keeps me from trading this EA live is the large S/L of 35 pips versus the 11 pip T/P. One or two losing trades will wipe out quite a few winners.

Anyway, here's the latest statement.

Files:

Eric:
Now four weeks of forward testing starter_v6 (original version). This week EUR/USD did well again (+25 pips), other pairs lost this week. This EA seems to perform best on EUR/USD, that much is starting to become more and more clear.

The thing that keeps me from trading this EA live is the large S/L of 35 pips versus the 11 pip T/P. One or two losing trades will wipe out quite a few winners.

Anyway, here's the latest statement.

What you can do is set the SL lower on the EurUSD. I am testing S/L between 27-30 or even lower for the EURUSD. Also it probably good to set the TP higher for the EURUSD because it seems that the exit strategy for this EA is good and will take profits when it not going your way. The S/L and T/P is not written in stone so test it out and show us the result.

EURUSD is what this do best but one of the poster in another forum did emailed me v1b results and it did well on EURUSD and CHFUSD but his data is only one week old. To maximize profits for this EA is to set EURUSD to 2 or more lots.

Over a month of data but I still need more trades to be sure.

I have been thinking about trying out variations of the T/P and S/L. Maybe now that I have four weeks of testing the defaults, I will try to modify the settings -- focusing on the Euro.

Even with the default settings, EUR/USD was up about 105 pips for the month. It was the other pairs that kept bringing it back down.

I think I will focus on the euro and try to find some settings that are a little more comfortable. I was thinking maybe even just a slight shift to a 30 pip S/L and a 15 pip T/P would mean that you would only have to win two out of three instead of more than three out of four with the defaults.

I will keep the thread updated with my results.

jdun, if you are doing any testing or come up with any ideas, let us know because I do think that this EA has some potential.

Here is my latest starter statement. In the last week and a half I have had it only on EUR/USD with a TP of 15 and a SL of 30. Three winners and three losers = -45 pips.

After six weeks of testing I am having a hard time convincing myself to stick with this EA. I think I might move on to something else.

Files:
Reason: