TrendstrenghtEMA - page 8

Modified Indicator

Braindancer:
I think we all hate those guys who post on our forum, attaching pictures of "mysterious indicator" and telling everyone I made 5000 pips a month using it.

We don't like those guys because when someone ask them to share their tool, they never respond as if they were the creators of those indicators trying to sell them for money, while they surely just downloaded it from another forum.

Anyway, here is my version of Trendstrenght, I modified it to be less choppy,

and give better results. Hope you like it .

and the indicator

trendstrenghtema.mq4

When you modified FX007 indicator (smoothed it out), it no longer performs exactly like one of the thumbnail pictures FX007 provided in #87 posting > 3-24-2006. Please check yours to the far right graph around 22 Mar 23:00 - 1 Hr - USDJPY. Any chance I could get you to retro it back to FX007 indicator for trading accuracy sake?

Thanks in advance

how was the week ?

Hi

Guys how did the trendstrength perform over the last week ?

what sort of results did everyone get ?

What i found when the markets was very sideways the trendstength was in and out too often , those "hillocks" where nocking it in and then it would reverse and get stopped out too often .anyone else find the same ?

Dave77 the indicator you dream about lays in your indicators folder, and it's called MACD

Please read the whole thread

As to forward testing, I can't do it mainly because i have to switch my laptop off for night. But yes in sideways moving market there can be problems, but most of indicator has it, hmmm

greets

hi Braindancer , how is your trading going ?Are you using the macd ?

Hi Zandu, as I wrote post earlier, I don't have the oportunity to forward test the ea properly, because I have to switch the system off very often .

I can only forward test the EA for couple of hours and that's not enought, for timeframes like H1 or H4 .

But there are people who forward test the EA.

I'm sure that if their results will be good, they will post them.

I don't use MACD in my trading,

dave wanted to know what was the FX007 indicator name (read the whole thread, we found it was a joke, nothing more)

greets

Did anybody try to do an expert on an indicator? Let us make attempt. On Н4 and Н1 shows good results, it is only needed to add a filter on the entrances.There is thought.

What say, will we make attempt?

Braindancer:

I don't use MACD in my trading,

dave wanted to know what was the FX007 indicator name (read the whole thread, we found it was a joke, nothing more) greets

Hi Brain,

Are you saying that Trend Strength Indicator is a joke? I do not think so...

Cheers,

--

Oh no !!!

Trendstrenght is not a joke and never was !

A little misunderstanding has occured, let me explain.

The whole thread started when FX007 posted a mysterious indicator pictures

saying: he makes 5000 pips per month or something like that with it.

You can find this post here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173055

Then someone found out that the indicator he showed us was simple MACD

I don't know if anyone can make 5000 pips with MACD, maybe someone can.

So i am saying fx007 post was a joke not trendstrenght indicator.

Anyway did someone make any reliable forward test of the EA ?

Oligarh, the EA has aleready been created, you can find it on the thread and download

Greets

Still testing this EA

Hi Braindancer, I haven't given up on the EA , but have not been getting the results I had the first 2 weeks. Putting it on the 4 majors and hourly charts has slowed it right down. I also tried the new EA for a few days but the market was so choppy at the time the trades entered and retraced, results = loss. With the original, is the entry signal to trade the minute the bar crosses the zero line, or is there a wait period? I will keep testing it along with the others I am working on, because I like it's simplicity and first lot of results. Happy Trading

I was working on trendstrenght too, till find this thread... by the way in my tests i got better results filtering the entries with Juice, cose it doesnt works fine in choppy times.. maybe someone wants to give it a try. just a though....

gl to all!

Reason: