Determining Variables, Parameters and Constants in compiled Indicators?

How can I find out what the variables and their parameters as well as constants in compiled indicators are?

I posted this same query a couple of days go and it is no where to be found now )< 8(

Where did it go and why was it deleted ?

FourX:
How can I find out what the variables and their parameters as well as constants in compiled indicators are?

I posted this same query a couple of days go and it is no where to be found now )< 8(
Where did it go and why was it deleted ?
  1. You have to look at the source code and reverse engineer it. Or you ask the creator.
  2. It's not listed in your profile, so either you didn't press Add, the Add failed, or the site lost it. Things happen.
  3. Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

WHRoeder:
  1. You have to look at the source code and reverse engineer it. Or you ask the creator.
  2. It's not listed in your profile, so either you didn't press Add, the Add failed, or the site lost it. Things happen.
  3. Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Hi WH R,

1) These are commercial indicators for manual trading that I bought that are compiled. I want to automate some of them and make EA's with them. Is their no way that I can find out what the output of the indicators are? Some of them have some external functions which of course makes these easy to identify and quantify and thus utilize. But some of them hardly have any eternal variables of even none at all that makes making an EA with them very difficult or down right impossible at this point in time. I don't want and need to change the indicators themselves. Just trying to find out their output which would allow me to automate them. I wonder if one can make an EA or perhaps even a script that the indicators are running in the charts and that will make detailed logs of their output (and operation)? I'v been trying to find something that does this, but no luck so far. Thus what I need and am looking for is an MQL4 function etc that generates (detailed) logs, or make one, which would give me the info that I need.

2) Yep.

3) Yep (< 8) LoL

Can't you just look in the Data window to find the buffers you are interested in and then use iCustom ?

RaptorUK:
Can't you just look in the Data window to find the buffers you are interested in and then use iCustom ?

Hi Raptor,

I only see the Date, Time, Volume and OHLC info in the Data window for any particular bar Raptor. Including at the top of the Data window what currency pair it is currently on and the trading interval. If their are other methods of viewing/getting what you speak of, please tell me how.

If you don't see the names of the Indicators you are interested in in the data window then it may be because you haven't attached the Indicators to the chart, do you have the indicators attached to the chart ?

Alas to my shame this is indeed the problem. I was looking at a chart with an EA on it but no indicators. Duh. . . . )< 8)

RaptorUK:
If you don't see the names of the Indicators you are interested in in the data window then it may be because you haven't attached the Indicators to the chart, do you have the indicators attached to the chart ?

I've put some indicators on a chart and it does indeed give me at least some information about them. I'll give them a go.

Thanks Raptor

Reason: