Profit Generator EA - page 67

bagovino:
Nich,

This doesn't seem to have Nova's new srttings with the -20 pip thing...

Can you make one with his exact settings?

Thanks,

Billy

extern int MApips=-20;

We'll see....

Before I go from hero to zero, I want to state that it worked well today and I do think we may be onto some good filters but we need to keep brainstorming here. I am testing these settings which I posted for two scenarios. One is the Tp=10 and SL=30, the other is a TP=40 and SL=30. I will let these run 24/7 from last night till friday's close and post the statements. So, if you want to test, then maybe try some different settings as I promise I will post my findings listed above. Good luck and good trading.

Nova,

Thanks for the great discovery!!! And thanks for not bailing on the thread as you stated you may do before! Hang in there... Your contributions are needed!

Thanks,

Billy

There is one difference between my two tests which is that on the TP=40, SL=30 scenario, I have the obsolete minutes set to 60 instead of 1.

Quick question....

If I'm trading one ea on the 3 majors and I want to try to trade a totally different ea simultaniously, Is there anything I need to do or will they both just trade independantly on their own.

Thanks,

Billy

bagovino:
Quick question....

If I'm trading one ea on the 3 majors and I want to try to trade a totally different ea simultaniously, Is there anything I need to do or will they both just trade independantly on their own.

Thanks,

Billy

Billy, it can be done with ID numbers. Make sure the ID number in this EA (extern int ID_BASE=100000), is different from the ID or Magic Number in the other EA you want to use.

I hate to say it, but I turned on the new EA with Nova's settings and it's getting slaughtered....

I have high hopes for this EA, so I will continue to test these new settings!!

Billy

Ya, who knows

bagovino:
I hate to say it, but I turned on the new EA with Nova's settings and it's getting slaughtered....

I have high hopes for this EA, so I will continue to test these new settings!!

Billy

It opened some new trades around 1:30 GMT tonight. So, far none have hit stoploss. That's trading for ya, watching a position be down 15 or 20 pips and feeling the stress. Gotta love it. Still, it has not opened any contradicting positions for me in 24 hr. period and I'm not using Nich's new fix either. That's a good development.

I understand that the last couple of days (trending) has been bad for this EA in general. I, too, have felt the hit as well. However, I want to look on the bright side and see that there are some currency pairs that are doing well.

AUDUSD (H4)

Longbar: 10

Take Profit: 15

Stoploss: 30

Reversed

More positive statements

Here is another statement that did well the last couple of weeks testing it. I know that many settings were doing bad, but not all.

EURCHF (H1)

Longbar: 10

Stoploss: 30

Take Profit: 40

Trailing Stop: 15

Trailing Pips: 30

Obsolete Method: 10 minutes

Reason: