MT4 VPS - page 2

Another question to the Experts;

When I close MT4 I seem to loose the EAs on the charts. Could you please advise on how I could have them restored without attaching a new one?

Thanks

Stark:

Another question to the Experts;

When I close MT4 I seem to loose the EAs on the charts. Could you please advise on how I could have them restored without attaching a new one?

Thanks

Please provide more details. After restart metatrader all experts removed from chart?

Aleksey Pak:
Please provide more details. After restart metatrader all experts removed from chart?

Yes EA on charts are not there when I switch on MT4 again. When I try to attach a new one it doesn't ask me if I want to replace the one that is attached.

So it appears as those positions opened by EA are no longer managed by the EA.

How can I also confirm that the MT4 VPS is on?

Stark:

JD4 thanks for that stark warning that the RA can wipe out an entire account.

What is the event that I should fear the most, no stop loss is one of them, are there any others?

Some of the things that are warned about, the big three I guess you could say.  Money Management is one of the biggest ones in trading.  Simply put it means take as much money as you can from the good trades, and know when to get out of a trade that turns against you.  Some people also call it risk management.  Next is emotion.  Find a system that works by making you more money than you lose, on average, and once you get it adjusted to how it is working well, trade the system.  Some trades will turn against you, it happens.  Don't get greedy and try to force the trades to happen the way you want them to.  And last but definitely not least, education.  Make yourself more knowledgeable about the trading you are doing, because the more you know, the better chance you have to know when to adjust things, when to leave them alone, and when it might be time to trade a new system.  The markets change, your trading style needs to be able to change with them, so you can get the most out of your trading.

JD4:
Some of the things that are warned about, the big three I guess you could say.  Money Management is one of the biggest ones in trading.  Simply put it means take as much money as you can from the good trades, and know when to get out of a trade that turns against you.  Some people also call it risk management.  Next is emotion.  Find a system that works by making you more money than you lose, on average, and once you get it adjusted to how it is working well, trade the system.  Some trades will turn against you, it happens.  Don't get greedy and try to force the trades to happen the way you want them to.  And last but definitely not least, education.  Make yourself more knowledgeable about the trading you are doing, because the more you know, the better chance you have to know when to adjust things, when to leave them alone, and when it might be time to trade a new system.  The markets change, your trading style needs to be able to change with them, so you can get the most out of your trading.

JD4 thanks for the trading advise. Its all very helpful. I have noted all the points you have suggested.

Stark:

JD4 thanks for the trading advise. Its all very helpful. I have noted all the points you have suggested.

Welcome.  Glad to help when I can.
Reason: