Profit Generator EA - page 31

Hendrick:
So starting with a micro-account is the best solution I think.

Hi Hendrick,

For what it's worth, the current EA works as you describe on an interbankfx mini account. I tried it out on mine to see. You just have to set the lot size to 0.1 (which is a 10 cent pip on the ibfx mini). Money management also works as usual. I think the code would need to be changed if you had to set lot size to 0.01, but on the ibfx mini account 0.1 lot size is a micro-lot already.

Eric

This EA is a really interesting concept. I like the logic behind. Could anybody code an indicator for those who want to trade it manually or use it as a guideline for discretionary trading ?

thanks in advance

dobby

You just need to put it in "Alert mode only". Read post 1 will help you

THX jojoalpin

marlintrdg:
Goto Tools-option-Publisher Then have a look at the attached Pic. does that help, or was there more?

Hello,

Large a thank you for this explanation.

I learned something again on MT4 that I have just tested with pleasure.

PG 2.7 for MT3

Does anyone have translated PG 2.7 in MT3 format? I am not really sure it is secure to trade real money with MT4.

Hi...

I run todays from 00:00 GMT to 13:39 GMT This EA not work / Not open posision ....

I Just edit Lots to 0.1 and :

EURJPY - GBPJPY - USDJPY (M15)(M30)&(H1)

Stoploss: 30

Take Profit: 60

Longbar: 20

GBPUSD - EURUSD (M15)(M30)&(H1)

Stoploss: 30

Take Profit: 50

Longbar: 20

All 15 chart on one MT4.

maybe it's not work with only one account with different parameter ?

Best Regard

Promo01

Just take care if you run PG on a same currency, with different timeframes but same period value (different from 0) - all orders will have same ID if you don't modify manually ID_BASE.

We should modify ID in another way, I will try to do something simple later.

Holyguy7 fwd test list

About forward tests running (holyguy7 list):

From 0:00, bad results, sometimes more TP than SL but in most sets of parameters SL is greater than TP so it looses.

Let's wait but I think that we must let profits run and a simple trailing start would also help.

Encouraged?

I am in the red (negative) so far this week, testing seven pairs on two settings.

There is, however, a bright side: if I backtest over the same time period (since market open last night), I get almost identical results. Much of the time even the entry point and time match exactly between the back and forward tests.

To me, this implies that backtesting is pretty accurate, and that we're just in a slump. If we hang in there, I expect we'll soon see the results that deeper backtesting indicated.

Anyone in the black for today?

Reason: