Profit Generator EA - page 63

What does changing the database to 300000 do?

Thanks.

bagovino:
What does changing the database to 300000 do? Thanks.

I think just in case you running 2 EA on 2 chart with same TF and Pair.

novafx99:
Well, out of respect to the spirit of the forum and the creator of this thread, I am done posting my ideas about pivot trading here. My idea is out there. This Pro-gen entry method is an important discovery, no question. I sincerely hope this thread doesn't fizzle out and some more experimentation with filtering ideas is done with this. If I have any more ideas, I will post. Ideas like Sputnik are viable, the XXX indicators agree thing. Pivot trading is another time proven low risk, profitable trading methodology in forex. Somehow I find it very strange that there are so many good manual trading methods and that not much has been accomplished in the way of automation. I think that ultimately, a winning EA will need to be very complex and take into consideration S/R levels as well as trend direction and exhaustion, etc, etc, etc. There are a lot of things that need to be taken into account when trading. My apologies to anyone who may feel I have stepped on this thread, it hasn't been my intentions. Good Luck everybody, let's not give up!!

I also trade manually, but having this EA as your trading signal provider, it sure beats the others by a great margin.

Backtesting new EA

Check this out...If you use the new 50LWMA filter on the EUR and set the ma pips to -20(yes minus 20), SL 30, TP 10, Obsolete=true, Time 60 on the 1 hour chart, look at the results...if only this will work like this in reality.

I'm new here . Like to ask , what is TP and SL stand for ?

Thank you.

nak71:
I'm new here . Like to ask , what is TP and SL stand for ? Thank you.

TP is Take Profit or some say Target Profit. SL is Stop Loss. Hope this help

TP is Take Profit or some say Target Profit. SL is Stop Loss. Hope this help

thank you for the info firedave !!

Dear Sir

thanks for all your explanations.

I tested PG almost all versions but results are : only losses

and entries against the trend !

can U (or any other member) post me any statement with P/L over 0 and please explain

with version do you recommend ...(with setting, pairs used ,and UT used)

K regards

Veronika

holyguy7:
Veronika,

Thank you for joining us here. Nice to meet people from all over the world including the Russian speaking people here (they are very close to my heart as I preach to a Russian speaking church occassionally in the United States).

Anyway, the answer to your question is that the Latest version is

Profit Generator 3.2.3 found on Post 1

I would appreciate it if everyone would use that one as I don't want a lot of versions flying around and am trying to keep a handle on it so that everyone is testing with the same version.

This EA is getting good results with the three major currency pairs so far and I have had limited success with it for the USDJPY.

There is a Post and Compare Trades thread going about this EA found HERE

I would appreciate everyone to check out and participate in that thread as well. This EA is quickly becoming the most posted thread on this board and for good reason, it is profitable with the correct settings.

Keep up the good work and keep the thread alive.

novafx99:
Check this out...If you use the new 50LWMA filter on the EUR and set the ma pips to -20(yes minus 20), SL 30, TP 10, Obsolete=true, Time 60 on the 1 hour chart, look at the results...if only this will work like this in reality.

I was not using this filter before, but as soon as i got it i am start using it. Yesterday was very bad day for this ea, however, a day is never a yardstick of performance, i had very closs top losses hit after using this filter. My first impression is to increase stop loss value to 50 pips atleast unless we will have another filter i.e. S/R.

Again this is great ea, now, today it is covering losses of yesterday. Good profitable day today. heheheheh .

Rgds,

SFX

P.S. Nova what is that -20 by the way.

PG 3.2.4 Defualt

Hi Shahzad

I have been testing this EA, and I was quite optimistic but on forward testing its results are verybad. But when someone like you said its agreat EA, I am surprised. May be I am using wrong settings.

I will appreciate if you let me know the settings you are using in forward tetsting.

Thanks In advance.

Reason: