Profit Generator EA - page 35

Eric:
Isn't that what the Reverse feature in v3.1 does?

extern bool Reverse=false;// reverses orders regardless of ALL signal direction

Although I haven't tested this Reverse feature yet.

that is correct. the reverse variable should reverse all trades. that is one of the reasons the openorder function is separate from the trade function, and if we can pin down when and why trades are going south we can have the ea automatically reverse.

Hi!

I have compared backtest and forward test results and backtester doesn't do well. Some trades have good timings an prices but it miss too many and even get out of the bar...

Anyone knows where to get tick data unless constant homemade recording? Converting PG in another language in order to compute "real" backtests could be easy. no indicators to code.

jojolalpin:
Hi!

I have compared backtest and forward test results and backtester doesn't do well. Some trades have good timings an prices but it miss too many and even get out of the bar...

Anyone knows where to get tick data unless constant homemade recording? Converting PG in another language in order to compute "real" backtests could be easy. no indicators to code.

I completely agree with you also, backtest is very unstable, I tried same data on two different computer, getting different results, 2.7 and 3.1 are giving totaly apposite results on same PC on same data with same setting.

Backtesting is not reliable, on basis of backtesting we are doing forward testing and wasting time, if we could get tick data with playback feature then may be could do better job.

laserjet:
I completely agree with you also, backtest is very unstable, I tried same data on two different computer, getting different results, 2.7 and 3.1 are giving totaly apposite results on same PC on same data with same setting. Backtesting is not reliable, on basis of backtesting we are doing forward testing and wasting time, if we could get tick data with playback feature then may be could do better job.

Hi LaserJet, Can you post your backtesting results? I had almost the same result from both versions in backtesting... Did you have reverse=true?

Nicholishen:
Hi LaserJet, Can you post your backtesting results? I had almost the same result from both versions in backtesting... Did you have reverse=true?

Hi Nich,

Here are two backtest of 2.7 and 3.1 with same parameters on same data and pc, but different results.

Thanks in advance

Files:

laserjet:
Hi Nich,

Here are two backtest of 2.7 and 3.1 with same parameters on same data and pc, but different results.

Thanks in advance

Hmmm... I see the major difference is in the way the StopLoss and TP are calculated. Here are my results and a tweak to v3.1 to give more simular results. Check it out, and let me know how this goes for you. However, I do agree that backtesting is unreliable...

Files:

Nicholishen:
Hmmm... I see the major difference is in the way the StopLoss and TP are calculated. Here are my results and a tweak to v3.1 to give more simular results. Check it out, and let me know how this goes for you. However, I do agree that backtesting is unreliable...

Thanks Nich, v3.1 results are exactly same as v2.7. I appreciate your effort.

Problems

Nicholishen:
I must have missed something. I did not get caught up on thread as I wrote most of this on my flight home. Can you link to the post explaining what you are talking about?

Hi Nich

I tested it on demo account but seems there is wrong thing because it put only Buy order for one day testing on EUR, GBP, CHF & JPY also when it put an order do not calculate correctly spread of pairs for takeprofit & stoploss.

For example:

I set it for 15 pips TP & 30 pips SL on EUR(3 spread)

when it put an order for example at 1.2250

takeprofit & stoploss take it at TP:12, SL:33

Do you have this problems mates?

Thank you again Nich for your effort

TaXiRaN

What might be beneficial to help explain this strategy is an example:

Here are your pips from hypothetical trades:

23, -14, -10, 5, 33, 55, 11, -33, -22, -10, 84

In this case your lot sizes would be.....

1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 8, 16, 32

What we are doing is cancelling out all of your losses with a large win.

The net effect of this results in:

23 - 14 - 20 + 20 + 132 + 220 + 44 - 132 - 176 - 160 + 2688 =2625, an average of 239 pips a trade.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you may be thinking.... we have a limit and a stop already..... we would never get a trade in between the two. Well, I this strategy might be better served using daily total. At the end of your trading day (or week... whatever works) you would take your cumulative pips and apply the MM to it.

Hello all.

I am attempting to solve our money management strategy with a system I developed 4 months ago. Many of you have probably seen variations of it, however I have optimized it and think it might be a good fit for this project.

The money management (MM) determines the number of lots to risk on the next trade.

My system always starts with 1 (or .1 for minilots) and doubles after every loss. I bet many of you have heard of a doubling strategy.

However, what is unique is the targets to use. From my own research, I found that trading the USD/CHF pair with a target of 84 and a stoploss of 39, I could turn a 5K account into 900K in 12 months.

Again, as you are trading, you would double your contract size on the next trade if you lost any pips. If you have a positive trade that does not hit the 84 pip limit, you keep the contracts the same for the next trade. And if you do hit the 84 pip limit, you reset your lots back to 1.

The maximum number of lots to use is 64.... anything over this can cause too much damage to your account.

Okay.... so why the CHF? The margin is low but the $/pip is also low ($0.37) What about using the GBP or the EUR? This has benefit, as now you only need 63 pips for the limit and the stop to be 29. The reason for this is that you will make the same $$$ with less pips on those currencies.... although with higher margin requirements.

In summary, my system has many variations and can be converted into high and low risk strategies to fit the trader's own comfort level.

I am eager to present the rest of my findings with this group.... as I have many strategies for this EA that you will find interesting.

Best,

Tom

(fulltime trader)

Reason: