Profit Generator EA - page 39

Pip-Gandalf....

The worst part of the backtesting has been the interpolation (we are stuck with M1 data instead of tick for tick)

The Java program I am writing takes each 1 minute bar and looks at the open and low if we are below 50% of the openbar or the open and high if we are above 50% of the openbar.

That gives us two metrics per 1 minute bar (which is the best we can get.)

My goal is to give us optimized parameters for each timeframe/currency within the past 4 months.

If you would like to collaborate on this effort that would be great. I don't know how well TS will do with backtesting but I feel this Java method will be very accurate.

Hello all..... for the Java I need 4 months of M1 data in CSV format.... Alpiri only provides it in Metastock and Metaquotes formats....

Can someone convert it for me?

Thanks.

tdion:
The CHF is only worth $.37 a pip....

What are you saying?

Are you talking about mini lots?

http://www.akmos.com/main/forex/novice/pips.html

tdion:
Hello all..... for the Java I need 4 months of M1 data in CSV format.... Alpiri only provides it in Metastock and Metaquotes formats....

Can someone convert it for me?

Thanks.

Hi tdion,

There is this great tool to convert M1 data in CSV file at:

http://www.mql4.com/codebase/indicators/277/

- Put it in indicator folder.

- Open an M1 chart with imported data from alpari.

- attach new indicator on the m1 chart

- enable "allow dll imports"

- in INPUT tabs> change PERIODMULTIPLIER to the timeframe you wish.

OutputCSVFile = 0 means no CSV.

OutputCSVFile = 1 means CSV + HST

OutputCSVFile = 2 CSV only, no HST .

If you encounter any problems on how to use it, let me know.

BTW, the converted csv file will be situated in the "/expert/file/" folder

Good luck

Sada

PS: To convert m1 hst data to m1 csv, just put 1 as periodmultiplier

Yes FXSol with 400:1 leverage on a 5K account is .37 a pip with a margin of $12.50 per minilot.

holyguy7:
Can you give us a hint as to which settings gave the greatest profit in the backtester? I opened it and it only has the profit but not the settings.

Inquiring minds want to know. What were the settings for Pass numbers:

14373, 14372, 14371

19825, 19824, 19823, 19822, 19821

14849, 14848

19250, 19249, 19248, 19247, 19246

ect.

Basically, we need the settings to the top, say, 15 of the sets to begin forward testing. Thank you.

Also, why don't you also give us the settings of the Bottom 15 and we will see if the "reverse" feature works on the EA. If they did that bad, why not reverse the trades to start making money.

Thanks.

OUPS, I will try to upload the one with parameters this evening when I am back at home (I was a little bit tired this morning).

I hope I didn't close everything.

pip-gandalf:
Ok - I have some free time (for this) - I am a very experienced programmer - how can I help here ? And what is the latest version of the EA and most successful settings? - I can help u guys integrate this with tradestation (its free noe - i think).

Yes, you can code it under TS. Maybe it backtester works better than MT4's one and it will confirm or not our backtests. (I didn't see it is free, last time I tried to get it they wanted my credit card number...).

jojolalpin:
Yes, you can code it under TS. Maybe it backtester works better than MT4's one and it will confirm or not our backtests. (I didn't see it is free, last time I tried to get it they wanted my credit card number...).

Yeah...Tradestation is free, IF...

If you trade 10 full lots or 100 mini lots per month.

Ouch.

Scott

This EA is behaving very well!

See my statement.

Pairs (TF H1)

USDCAD, USDCHF, EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURJPY, GBPJPY

Version PG 3[1].2.2

Settings: default, except USECLOSE=TRUE, TSACTIVATION=25, TRAILPIPS=12

I like it very much! Thanks HolyGuy and Nich!!

EDIT

Sta~tement 30 minutes later!

What is different in first statment from second statment. I want to know settings

Reason: