Profit Generator EA - page 37

marlintrdg:
Not sure anyone else is having this problem, I'm getting CPU @ 100% on new 3.1.

I've re-started the MT4 with 3.1 a few times over the 24hrs, but after a while, the same problem returns.

This is on FXDD MT4 all pairs loaded, the 2.1.7 is running all pairs with no problem.

Any Iders??

Yeah...that's no good. I took out some of the frills. Keep an eye in the error log to see if trades are not being placed due to errors, and try this version.

Files:

The ea (v2.6) seem to work well in H1. I will be posting my statements on friday with the presets file.

Just thinking out loud here:

Could we add something to the EA?

I have seen many times the EA make a trade that is positve for a long time (up to 30 pips on a tp 40 setting) and loose out because the signal had change after many hours.

For example: on platform Y, started at 11 am (initialize time of the EA), makes a buy trade at 1 pm on the eur. On platform X, started at 4 pm, makes a sell trade at 5 pm.

At 5 pm, the trade on platform Y was still positive but after a moment becomes negative and finally loose the trade.

platform X trade win it out at the end.

STI EA was a very interesting EA for me because there was a logic that closes the trade before the SL/TP value , if and when there was an oposite signal.

The result was that very few trade hit the stop loss.

Could we put an option that enables this kind of feature into profit generator and see what happens?

Excuse for not explaining it more clearly but if anyone need more clarification in what I am trying to explain, please let me know.

Sada

Nicholishen:
Yeah...that's no good. I took out some of the frills. Keep an eye in the error log to see if trades are not being placed due to errors, and try this version.

Changed over to 3.1.2

http://www.thehobbystop.com/profitgenerator3/statement.htm

UpDate: As of 3:45 Est No Problems

Good work !

for PG3.1.1

My back test for 2 month.

tnks nick

Files:
pg311.gif  7 kb

sadaloma:
The ea (v2.6) seem to work well in H1. I will be posting my statements on friday with the presets file.

Just thinking out loud here:

Could we add something to the EA?

I have seen many times the EA make a trade that is positve for a long time (up to 30 pips on a tp 40 setting) and loose out because the signal had change after many hours.

For example: on platform Y, started at 11 am (initialize time of the EA), makes a buy trade at 1 pm on the eur. On platform X, started at 4 pm, makes a sell trade at 5 pm.

At 5 pm, the trade on platform Y was still positive but after a moment becomes negative and finally loose the trade.

platform X trade win it out at the end.

STI EA was a very interesting EA for me because there was a logic that closes the trade before the SL/TP value , if and when there was an oposite signal.

The result was that very few trade hit the stop loss.

Could we put an option that enables this kind of feature into profit generator and see what happens?

Excuse for not explaining it more clearly but if anyone need more clarification in what I am trying to explain, please let me know.

Sada

Great idea Sada! I liked it so much I put a rush on making those changes, and the BT graph looks good! Here's how it works:

extern bool UseObsoleteMethod=false; This will use the method that you have proposed.

extern bool OMwhenProfitOnly=false; True= This will only close obsolete trades and open new trades (with PG signal in opposite direction) when the current trade is profitable. Otherwise false= Will swap any trade regardless of profit/loss.

extern int ObsoleteMinutes=180; This determines the minimum length of time (in minutes) to hold on to the trade before closing the old trade to open a new one.

So for example, LONG Trade 1 has past the obsolete time and is (profitable or not) and a SHORT signal is present then the EA will close the LONG and open a SHORT. This will NOT violate other filter/settings and SHOULD maintain MaxTrades correctly.

Should I add in a feature to replace the most profitable trade..or other idea?

Nicholishen:
Great idea Sada! I liked it so much I put a rush on making those changes, and the BT graph looks good! Here's how it works:

extern bool UseObsoleteMethod=false; This will use the method that you have proposed.

extern bool OMwhenProfitOnly=false; True= This will only close obsolete trades and open new trades (with PG signal in opposite direction) when the current trade is profitable. Otherwise false= Will swap any trade regardless of profit/loss.

extern int ObsoleteMinutes=180; This determines the minimum length of time (in minutes) to hold on to the trade before closing the old trade to open a new one.

So for example, LONG Trade 1 has past the obsolete time and is (profitable or not) and a SHORT signal is present then the EA will close the LONG and open a SHORT. This will NOT violate other filter/settings and SHOULD maintain MaxTrades correctly.

Should I add in a feature to replace the most profitable trade..or other idea?

This is great Nicholishen!

I will start to test by tomorrow.

two question:

1. is 3.2 as stable as the original concept of 2.6? I ask this because 3.1 had problems.

2. can we put TRUE to all 3 new options or must we choose only choose one to TRUE?

As for other additional features, I have no new idea that comes to mind.

Sada

lomme:
Where did you get the $461.76 from?

After only 6 losing trades in a row you have to trade 64 lots!

-64*32= -2496 pips!

Way too much for a 5k account.

The CHF is only worth $.37 a pip.... so a 5K account starts with 13500 pips if that is all you are trading.

Files:
pg_3.2.2.htm  1600 kb

This new version has come at just the right time.

I was starting to doubt this EA after three days of losses (-$1560 today on the 1H, thankfully just on demo).

Sometimes the trades it takes baffle me. For instance today it opened a USD/CHF trade long and 10 minutes later it opened EUR/USD long too. Now we all know that those two pairs are like an inverse mirror image of each other so they can't both win. And they never - one stopped out and the other won.

So well done Sada and Nick. Back to testing.

Mike.

mike4X:
This new version has come at just the right time.

I was starting to doubt this EA after three days of losses (-$1560 today on the 1H, thankfully just on demo).

Sometimes the trades it takes baffle me. For instance today it opened a USD/CHF trade long and 10 minutes later it opened EUR/USD long too. Now we all know that those two pairs are like an inverse mirror image of each other so they can't both win. And they never - one stopped out and the other won.

So well done Sada and Nick. Back to testing.

Mike.

Mike, can you test the EMA confirm feature?

Reason: