A question about modify StopLoss and TakeProfit order ...

Hi all,

In my EA it will open a buy or sell order according to the conditon. If an order is opened, then I will add the SL and TP order by using the ModifyOrder as follow ( here is a buy order for example):

extern double SL_prozent = 0.5;
extern double TP_prozent = 5;

// Handle Long Signal
   if(bEntryLong){
      if(iTotal>0)
         closeAllOpenedShortOrders();
      else{         
         int iLongTicket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,dLots,MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK),iSlippage,0,0,"T05_MURI",MAGIC_NUMBER,0,clrGreen);
         if(iLongTicket>0)
           {
            Print("Current Time: ", TimeCurrent()," Ask: ",Ask," Bid: ",Bid," Spread: ",(Ask-Bid));           
            if(OrderSelect(iLongTicket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_TRADES)){
               Print("LONG order opened : ",OrderOpenPrice());
               if(bStopLossAndTakeProfit){
                  if(OrderCloseTime() == 0 && OrderStopLoss() == 0)
                  {
                     //double StoppLoss = NormalizeDouble(OrderOpenPrice() / ( 1 + SL_prozent/100), Digits);
                     double StopLoss = NormalizePrice(OrderOpenPrice() / ( 1 + SL_prozent/100));
                     bool OrderAngepasst = OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),StopLoss,OrderTakeProfit(),0,Yellow);
                     if(!OrderAngepasst)
                        Print("Error by OrderModify : ",GetLastError());
                     else
                        Print("Order modified successfully.");            
                  }

if(OrderCloseTime() == 0 && OrderTakeProfit() == 0)
                  {
                     //double TakeProfit = NormalizeDouble(OrderOpenPrice() * ( 1 + (TP_prozent /100)), Digits);
                     double TakeProfit = NormalizePrice(OrderOpenPrice() * ( 1 + TP_prozent/100));
                     bool OrderAngepasst = OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderStopLoss(),TakeProfit,0,Orange);
                     if(!OrderAngepasst)
                     else
                  }

}
            }   
            else
               Print("Error by OrderSelect : ",GetLastError());
           }
         else
            Print("Error opening LONG order : ",GetLastError());
      }      
   }

double NormalizePrice(double price)
  {
        double tickSize = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKSIZE);
        return( MathRound(price/tickSize) * tickSize );
  } 

There is no any problem by backtesting. But by paper trade or real trade, I notice only the TP order is set. The ST order not. Here is what I get from the "Experts":

2018.05.08 17:00:00.232 EA_T05_MURI_Long_Short CFDDAX,M5: Order modified successfully.
2018.05.08 17:00:00.232 EA_T05_MURI_Long_Short CFDDAX,M5: modify #18175987 buy 0.20 CFDDAX at 12886.70 sl: 0.00 tp: 13531.04 ok
2018.05.08 17:00:00.170 EA_T05_MURI_Long_Short CFDDAX,M5: Order modified successfully.
2018.05.08 17:00:00.170 EA_T05_MURI_Long_Short CFDDAX,M5: modify #18175987 buy 0.20 CFDDAX at 12886.70 sl: 12822.59 tp: 0.00 ok
2018.05.08 17:00:00.106 EA_T05_MURI_Long_Short CFDDAX,M5: LONG order opened : 12886.7
2018.05.08 17:00:00.106 EA_T05_MURI_Long_Short CFDDAX,M5: Current Time: 2018.05.08 18:00:00 Ask: 12886.7 Bid: 12883.9 Spread: 2.800000000001091
2018.05.08 17:00:00.106 EA_T05_MURI_Long_Short CFDDAX,M5: open #18175987 buy 0.20 CFDDAX at 12886.70 ok

One can see the SL order was set successfully first:

2018.05.08 17:00:00.170 EA_T05_MURI_Long_Short CFDDAX,M5: Order modified successfully.
2018.05.08 17:00:00.170 EA_T05_MURI_Long_Short CFDDAX,M5: modify #18175987 buy 0.20 CFDDAX at 12886.70 sl: 12822.59 tp: 0.00 ok

And then the TP order was also set successfully. But the SL order was clean. At the end, only the TP order is set.

Where did I do wrong?

If you modify together SL and TP from the first time you may not have the same problem.

Hello Thomas, Use the below code for setting SL and TP:

if(OrderCloseTime() == 0 && OrderStopLoss() == 0)
{
        double StopLoss = NormalizePrice(OrderOpenPrice() / ( 1 + SL_prozent/100));
        double TakeProfit = NormalizePrice(OrderOpenPrice() * ( 1 + TP_prozent/100));  
        bool OrderAngepasst = OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),StopLoss ,TakeProfit,0,Orange);
                     if(!OrderAngepasst)
                     else
}
This will fix your problem.

thomas2004:

Hi all,

In my EA it will open a buy or sell order according to the conditon. If an order is opened, then I will add the SL and TP order by using the ModifyOrder as follow ( here is a buy order for example):

There is no any problem by backtesting. But by paper trade or real trade, I notice only the TP order is set. The ST order not. Here is what I get from the "Experts":

One can see the SL order was set successfully first:

And then the TP order was also set successfully. But the SL order was clean. At the end, only the TP order is set.

Where did I do wrong?

If you have a reason to modify SL and TP separately (I don't think that is a good idea) you should call OrderSelect() again before modifying TP.

Thanks Gyunay and Petr, I will have a try.

Nedyalka Zhelyazkova:
If you modify together SL and TP from the first time you may not have the same problem.

This is not true. I've restarted my EA many times and everytime the same.

Gyunay Sali:

Hello Thomas, Use the below code for setting SL and TP:

This will fix your problem.

Hi Gyunay,

How about the following?

if(OrderCloseTime() == 0 && OrderStopLoss() == 0 && OrderTakeProfit() == 0){
}

or 

if(OrderCloseTime() == 0 && (OrderStopLoss() == 0 || OrderTakeProfit() == 0)){
}

Hi again,

It will be better to use this one:

if(OrderCloseTime() == 0 && (OrderStopLoss() == 0 || OrderTakeProfit() == 0)){
}
You will guarantee that even one of the SL or TP is 0 the code will run and you will set the missing value for SL or TP.

Gyunay Sali:

Hi again,

It will be better to use this one:

You will guarantee that even one of the SL or TP is 0 the code will run and you will set the missing value for SL or TP.

Many thanks!

thomas2004:

Many thanks!

You are welcome :)
Reason: