How to calculate takeprofit and stoploss pips based on money amount?

Hi!

I have a multi symbol expert I made based on some news conditions. That news affect differents symbols. So, I tried to set takeprofit and stoploss on each symbol, but in some cases the profits and losses are not the expected ones.

By example, on FxPRO demo account when I send a 0.1 lots EURAUD order on with TP:120 and SL:60 pips, and at the same time I send a 0.1 lots EURUSD order with same TP and SL, assuming that both orders losses, then EURAUD losses about $60 and EURUSD only $6.

I want to know how to calculate the pips for set the TP and SL based on money amount. By example I want to set to all 0.1 lots orders TP: $12 and SL: $6, no mather what symbol it is.

How can I to calculate the pips based on that vars: TP($), SL($), Symbol, and Lots?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

nashuald: I want to know how to calculate the pips for set the TP and SL based on money amount.

No you don't. If you have a $200 account would you put the SL 1/10 pip below open? If you have a $2M account would you put the SL 1000 pips below open. BOTH risk 1%/lot for the SAME TRADE?

You put the SL and TP where they logically belong and calculate your lot size based on your risk (account balance*percent) = (OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss) * lotsize * deltaValuePerLot

nashuald:

Hi!

I have a multi symbol expert I made based on some news conditions. That news affect differents symbols. So, I tried to set takeprofit and stoploss on each symbol, but in some cases the profits and losses are not the expected ones.

By example, on FxPRO demo account when I send a 0.1 lots EURAUD order on with TP:120 and SL:60 pips, and at the same time I send a 0.1 lots EURUSD order with same TP and SL, assuming that both orders losses, then EURAUD losses about $60 and EURUSD only $6.

I want to know how to calculate the pips for set the TP and SL based on money amount. By example I want to set to all 0.1 lots orders TP: $12 and SL: $6, no mather what symbol it is.

How can I to calculate the pips based on that vars: TP($), SL($), Symbol, and Lots?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Your SL was 60 Points,

EURUSD has 5 decimal places with FXPro, so 60 Points is 6 pips

EURAUD is only 4, so 60 Points is 60 pips

Reason: