strategy tester ??????

when using strategy tester do you use

under modeling

every tick, control points, open prices only?

also is strategy tester accurate way of backtesting

ea or does it give false data

TIA

To get good reliable results, you should be using 90% modelling quality data and all ticks. Also, real time data and backtesting often gives very different results. So backtesting will just give you a little tip about the performance of the EA. The real results comes only from forward testing.

Hope this helps.

max69:
when using strategy tester do you useunder modeling every tick, control points, open prices only? also is strategy tester accurate way of backtestingea or does it give false data TIA

And How to get 90% modelling quality?

Its quite Easy to achieve this, follow these steps

1. In your MetaTrader, go to Tools -> Options
2. Under Charts Tab, change the number of Max bar in history and max bar in chart to the desired number your hard disk can store, it can be 99999999
3. Now go to Tools -> History Center
4. Choose the pair you want to have the data on the left pane (double click on it)
5. Click on the 1 Minute(M1) and click the Download button on the bottom to start downloading the data

After download of the M1 data will be completed, the data for the higher timeframes will automatically be calculated. And from now on, when backtesting this pair, you will get 90% modelling quality. Do the same process for each pair you wish to have 90% Modelling Quality data.

Hope that helps...

Hi Bossxero,

please can you give me your e-mail address.i want to contact you one- one.you may mail me to ytsucex@yahoo.co.uk.it very urgent.

ytsucex

the email again is ytsucex@yahoo.co.uk

ytsucex

Reason: