Raw Ideas - page 54

Run Expert without tick?

Does anyone know if it is possible to program an Expert Advisor to run through your code at a specific time rather than it waiting for a new tick to occur? I am trying to get an EA to run through my code at the beginning of every minute, even if the minute hasn't had a tick yet.

Thank you to anyone that can help me out here!

In Java with Oanda's API I have done that, so if anyone wants to know that I can give a code example. As far as MT4, I have never tried to change what triggers the EAs to run through the code. It may be possible, but I haven't really looked into it too much.

mechanical Cable

Hello,

actually Im new in forextrading and dont have much experience with programming, too. So, I ask for help to get a strategy tested and optimized first please. Honestly I dont think its a very new idea, its a little similar to "Hans123". Here the basic rules:

GBP/USD ; 8am London time

buy @ highest high of Range 5-8am

sell @ lowest low of range 5-8am

SL: 35 ; BE: 35 ; TP: 80 or latest close 6pm

some additional ideas:

1. change entry time!?

2. add some pips (e.q. 5-15) to range for clearer results!?

3. tighten SL!?

4. widen TP!? (i found perfect setting with 137 at "FSB")

5. close later than 6pm!?

I would really appreciate if somebody can help me to find the "perfect" settings and test it as long as possible!

Thanks in advance

schnappi

forex@go4more.de

Price action trading

Hello,

I am looking for a system that uses no or minimal indicators and used on daily charts? Are there any forums already discussing such strategy. I did a lot of search and could not find one.

GOD Bless

Biniam

Biniam:
Hello,

I am looking for a system that uses no or minimal indicators and used on daily charts? Are there any forums already discussing such strategy. I did a lot of search and could not find one.

GOD Bless

Biniam

Hi, maybe in the Manual Trading Systems section you would find what you need.

This is one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Biniam:
Hello,

GOD Bless

Biniam

I saw few threads aout price action trading. Don't remember the location. Something like 'trading Asian time ... or high/low'.

And few other threads about trading support/resistance with examples (not well-known big thread - just the other one wih trading) and some more ... Level trading threads may be good as well.

Can someone turn this into an EA

I've been tinkering with MTF envelopes and was wondering if someone could turn this into an EA.

Rules are simple and as follows:

Trades taken on m30 timeframe, evaluate at end of candle...

Daily and H4 envelope must line up

Initial stop is 100 pips and starts to trail by 100 once up 50 pips.

Once trade is +100pip, the H4 envelope is the trailing stop.

Would be nice to be able to set the stop at +/- x pips from the envelope. often price will touch the envelope and continue the trend. So a pip buffer seems to be in order.

Once stopped out must wait for H4 and daily to line up again, but only after a change in H4 envelope lines. This will prevent re-entering immediately when stopped out. The next trade does not have to be the opposite direction...can be a continuation in the same direction.

The position would reverse if daily and H4 line up in the opposite direction and not yet stopped out.

This seems like an easy EA to program, but I have no programming experience whatsoever. Can someone help.

Attached is template and indicators. The magenta and aqua colors are the daily envelope. the Blue and Khaki colors are the H4 envelope.

I'm open to suggestions for a more intelligent stop.

Thanks

Ben

Thanks for the idea.

Rules are simple and as follows:

Trades taken on m30 timeframe, evaluate at end of candle...

Daily and H4 envelope must line up ...

End of candle H4 and D1 using M30 chart?

If it is D1 end of candle on M30 chart so it may be yesterday whiles we are trading today for example.

If it is M30 end of candle so any MTF indicators are continuing drawing the candles. If it is D1 MTF so it will cntinuing drawing the candle up to the end of the day. It means that you can opn buy, after 10 minutes buy will be changed to sell, after 5 hours - to buy once again on the history for 5hour's bars back ...

Did you try to trade MTF indicators?

SMA 5 minute

Dear all,

im sahron from malaysia. i always lost in my trading.

so i need very big help in my trading. i would like u to help me to build this EA, see attachment. i hope u agree

on my idea. open buy when price above sma 5, and open sell when the price below sma 5 (basic idea).

thanks.

Files:
sma5.jpg  144 kb

Wait for H4 and D1

Hi ND,

Will need to wait for H4 and D1 to establish so there is no change. This will slow down the trading and that's the point of it. It's a slow trader that waits for H4 and daily envelopes to establish. How easy to make an EA from this?

Thanks

Ben

newdigital:
Thanks for the idea.

End of candle H4 and D1 using M30 chart?

If it is D1 end of candle on M30 chart so it may be yesterday whiles we are trading today for example.

If it is M30 end of candle so any MTF indicators are continuing drawing the candles. If it is D1 MTF so it will cntinuing drawing the candle up to the end of the day. It means that you can opn buy, after 10 minutes buy will be changed to sell, after 5 hours - to buy once again on the history for 5hour's bars back ...

Did you try to trade MTF indicators?
Reason: