Raw Ideas - page 25

Elliot wave indicator plz

Hi

Can some1 plz make an indicator based on the Elliot wave theory. An indicator that is easier to understand.

Thnx

Kev

kevmcfoster:
Hi

Can some1 plz make an indicator based on the Elliot wave theory. An indicator that is easier to understand.

Thnx

Kev

It's all that i have now. I am not sure that it is Elliot. The second indicator is similar with MACD.

Files:

Profit Alert

Hi Everyone, can somebody tell me is there some code / alert than can send a message when total profit from all open positions goes above 0 ?

Thanks in advance

Play alert/sound when take profit is reached

I need to know how to get metatrader to alert me by sound when my take profit is reached. I'm tired of sitting in front of the monitor all day waiting for those last pips. Someone tell me how to do this because I have already looked in the options/events but I dont see that option. Is there an indicator for this?

TK

Percentage of Equity at risk

Gidday

I am still new to forex and trading.

This is just a simple question has any one managed to write a multi entry ea that uses a percentage of the tradable equity (not balance) for each entry.

i.e. start $1000.00 risk 1% ($10) and if you make approx 95 pips with position 1at $1.00 per pip you would have $1095 so risk 1% (10.95) and if you then collect 147pips on position 2 you would then have $1242.00 so again risk 1% $12.42. So as you win you risk more but gain more. And Vice Versa. If you are in a losing position (you cut your loss) but your risk is being reduced.

The amount that is at risk should be calculated by the pip value to give you the stop.

If this is confusing I am sorry. But it is just an idea that I have had.

So has it been done before?

If not can it be done?

Cheers

Beno

Parabolic sar change alert found. Please help me to add signal into it...

I really like this Parabolic sar change with alert. But I need your help. Can you add up or down arrows (signals) or dot everytime the alert occurs and it only displayed once. The signal is not repeated like the normal SAR signal.

The signal can be viewed for 1-3 months back. Please help me...

Jack

Files:
par_alert.mq4  2 kb

EA alarm

Can any one set up an EA that simply sounds an alarm when CCI touches 0 line?

thanks

Dave

A strange research .......

Hi

This post is intended particularly to MT4 / TradeStation programmers, since it is question of RealTime analysis of the Equity, in an EA....

Infos found at :

http://www.sirtrade.com/equity.htm

TRADING THE EQUITY CURVE"

• This piece of code is called from Easy Language inside any trading system, and generates the Equity Curve

BEFORE THE TRADE

, takes in account transaction costs, works with buy stop and sell stop orders, may close the position at the end of the day, from any trading (setup) signal that you are able to write in Easy Language.

• Of course, when you use the DLL that simulates the trading system, you do not write first orders that may be triggered by TradeStation.

• The next step is to treat the Equity curve as a price curve, and then detect when the curve is climbing (or falling).

• If it's the case, you may then write your real orders and allow TradeStation to trade when the system performs well.

• An other use is to cut position when the Equity Curve falls.

Var: prof_loss(0),init(1),xpos(0),ordre(0);
  • inputs:

eod(0), Close or not at the end of the dayfrais(0.5), Commission + slippagestp(1); Stop measurement

First, you write the logic of your trading system:

value2=price-linearregvalue(price,len,-2);

value3=waverage(value2,7);

value4=average(value3,3);

Next step is to generate the Equity Curve (as if you had really placed the orders according to that above logic)

if value3>value4 and value4<0 then ordre=+1;

if value30 then ordre=-1;

This is the DLL definition

definedllfunc:"ts_bal1.dll",int,"balou_1",

long,lpfloat,lpfloat,lpfloat,lpfloat,lpfloat,

long,long,lpfloat,lpfloat,long,long,

lpfloat,lpfloat;

And the values that you will pass to the DLL function:

value7=eod;

value8=frais;

value9=stp;

Value10=open;

value11=high;

value12=low;

value13=close;

The DLL function calculates the Equity Curve:balou_1(barnumber,&init,&value10,&value11,&value12,&value13,

ordre,eod,&value8,&value9,sess1endtime,time,

&prof_loss,&xpos);The Current position is stored in xpos variable (depend if your stops have been triggered), and the Equity curve is stored in the "Prof_loss" variable

Then you may apply a trading logic to the Equity Curve (here below, a simple difference between the Equity Curve and its 20 bars moving average)

.value20=prof_loss-average(prof_loss,20);

After that you may decide what you do.

for example;

if value20>0 then begin (the Equity Curve isaboveits average)

if order =1 then buy

if order=-1 then sell

end else begin (the Equity Curve is below its average)

exitlong

exitshort

end;

I am not programmer, so, maybe i have not understood correctly what it is about, but if i am right, it could be a very interesting approach to improve greatly EAs...

• Build the Equity curve of any system BEFORE the final trading decision.

• Returns the Equity Curve and the underlying position.

• Allows buy stop and Sell stop for the underlying system.

• Allows to trade according to an Equity Curve related decision: You may apply any system, any filter on the Equity Curve and then trade for example when the equity curve is climbing. Useful to monitor a system and reduce trades.

Thanx for any comment

DV

Idea for improved indicator :-)

Hi Everyone,

Could some place some code in the HansBreakout expert (attached) which automatically increases account size on % Risk - eg: adding lots when account increases. Eg: Could someone add a money management system ? For the experienced coders this should be easy and would be much appreciated - I think it could make a great system :-) many thanks, Lee

Files:

Help Fixing My EA (looks good on backtesting =S)

Hi!

Today i used for the first time the expert advisor builder, and made a very simple ea.

The problem is that it wont take any short position and im not sure the results are real.

Here are the report of all 2004-2006 using this ea, and it looks really good, and modeling quality is ok =S.

The ea conditions are:

Open Buy when ADX is higher or equal than 25, and DI+ is on top of DI-, and the MACD signal line is bellow the MACD line.

Close Buy when DI and MACD buy condition reverse or when money management rules apply.

Open Sell when ADX is higher or equal than 25, and DI- is on top of DI+, and the MACD signal line is above the MACD line.

Close Sell when DI and MACD sell conditions reverse or when money management rules apply.

I've got good results on the 4h timeframe on GBP/USD with the following settings:

MagicNumber=0;

SignalMail=false;

EachTickMode=true;

Lots=0.1;

Slippage=3;

StopLossMode=true;

StopLoss=25;

TakeProfitMode=true;

TakeProfit=60;

TrailingStopMode=true;

TrailingStop=20;

Anyway i attach the ea and the expert builder config.

If anyone is kind to explain why short positions dont triger and if theres something wrong with my ea, i'll be thankful.

Thanks in advance,

JCC.

Files:
Reason: