HMA - Calling All Programmers!! - page 2

Yep , as I see you have experienced it too.

Bug I was talking about was those funny lines.

But as you say it may be the MT4 problem not the indicator itself.

I have a question, did you try to create an alarm version of your indicator,

simply by noticing when the color changes, now that we know that it doesn't change the colour on current bar, implementing an alarm module would be very usefull, especially on smaller timeframes < D1.

greets

Hi All.

Once again, two wonderfull versions. The only problem I see in Flo's version is that it colors one bar late. I dont know maybe that was the intentions, but other then that its perfect. Now with igorads version, it looks good and doesnt seem to retrace at all but then I seen an area were it should have changed colors but it didnt. Maybe its because of the slope or something but when I put flo's version on the same settings, his changed color, and his is a bar late. Again, this might have been on the way its suppose to work. I was just asking,lol. But definetly awsome job.

As to brains comment on alert, yeah an alert would be alright. Along with a comment or something. Might be a nice addition.

But again, igorad, Flo, awsome job guys. Awsome job. I definetly owe you one.

Cya,

- secXces

Files:
pic06.gif  28 kb

Hi secxces

In my opinion Flofri version isn't late.

The usage of those two indicator is diffrent, while in igorad version colour changes on current bar so we have to wait till bar closes and then enter the market with right direction, the flofri version doesnt change the colour on current so we enter the market when the bar opens and do not wait for closing of current bar. In both indicators entry position is the same, I mean it should be, because during my research I've found that they sometimes differ while settings are the same, sometimes in favor of igorad ver. and sometimes in favor of flofri ver.

Still they're both excellent

Braindancer:
Hi secxces

In my opinion Flofri version isn't late.

The usage of those two indicator is diffrent, while in igorad version colour changes on current bar so we have to wait till bar closes and then enter the market with right direction, the flofri version doesnt change the colour on current so we enter the market when the bar opens and do not wait for closing of current bar. In both indicators entry position is the same, I mean it should be, because during my research I've found that they sometimes differ while settings are the same, sometimes in favor of igorad ver. and sometimes in favor of flofri ver.

Still they're both excellent

I see your point. But, theres a slight disadvantage to this. If the bar that opens on the color change, changes its direction with a large increase, (i.e. the color change is for a short and the bar closes 30 pips higher then the 3 previous bars, due to a news announcment etc.) it will cause the signal to change, because the bar hasnt closed yet. Thats why most moving color changes always change on the close of the bar. I think..lol.

Just my 2 cents..

cya,

- secXces

You're absolutely right, yesterday and today morning I was carefully watching those two behavior, I set them to very low periods (5) on gold index M1.

And it looks like flofri version opens on one colour and it can change it on open bar when the move is very strong (that's why i set gold index).

So the conclusion is very sad, flofri version change the colour on opened bar, and what worse change it randomly ( the 1 bar lag you were talking about exist then . Sad thing, cause when backtesting it all looked so good.

Maybe flofri could do something about it.

Igorad version works correctly, we wait till bar closes and enter the market,

very good on lower timeframes, I think we shold use his version until flofri repairs his.

greets

Braindancer:
You're absolutely right, yesterday and today morning I was carefully watching those two behavior, I set them to very low periods (5) on gold index M1.

And it looks like flofri version opens on one colour and it can change it on open bar when the move is very strong (that's why i set gold index).

So the conclusion is very sad, flofri version change the colour on opened bar, and what worse change it randomly ( the 1 bar lag you were talking about exist then . Sad thing, cause when backtesting it all looked so good.

Maybe flofri could do something about it.

Igorad version works correctly, we wait till bar closes and enter the market,

very good on lower timeframes, I think we shold use his version until flofri repairs his.

greets

Braindancer,

The only thing was kinda cooky about igorads version was in the attached picture. In the circled area, the HMA value went up 1 pip in value. Meaning it should have changed to blue, and should have stayed that color on the bar closed. Apparently it did not.

Now, the weird thing. When going back through testing of his version, I couldnt find this anomoly anymore. I cant find it anywere, except for this one time. Its possible it could have been some bad quotes from IBFX or maybe the error with mt4, I dont know.

Igorad, whats your take on this buddy? It doesnt seem like it does it constantly, but it might be something that fixes itself.

I let all know if I figure anymore about it.

cya,

- secXces

Files:
pic06again.gif  28 kb

Bump Bump Bump

Just came across this

Can anyone tell me the purpose of these indicators? I will be looking at the code to try to understand what they are doing. I have HMA already but it is from a different forum. I also have several indicators based on HMA and JMA that I modified to use linear regression (LSMA) and there seems to be a signal of a trend change sooner or at least at the same time.

Thanks,

MrPip

It' very good for finding trend reversal.

But I think it should be used with at least one diffrent indicator

for example trendmanager or braintrend.

Combining those two can give good entry signals.

As to the indicators you have from diffrent forums, you can place it on ours

so we can test them, if you want of course

greets

I have been messing with the code all night. LOL. Cutting and pasting, and comparing coding to codergurus courses..LOL. Still no luck in fixing both.

I simply use them for trend identification. If you read any books by Alexander Elder, he talks a bit about the slopes of EMA's. HMA's are just........better.

cya,

- secXces

Reason: