HMA - Calling All Programmers!! - page 4

Have you taken the time to read all of the posts in this thread?

In post 20-25 you can read that there is an error in flofri's indicator. If you take a closer look at the way the indicator reacts to the market you can see the error there aswell, live. Have you loaded and tested it at all?

Research, Learn, Re-act, Invent, Correct, Use.

The HMA indicator is very different from most moving average. If you have researched about it and are really interested, you will see it acts almost like in oscillator. In trade station, there is an oscillator, seperate window, version of it. Hull Moving Average moves on scale like criteria.

I have been actively trading for sometime now, and I have 2 different models I currently and actively invest with. I have been trying to use this indicator in conjuction with a creation of a 1 minute system,thats seperate from my other models, but with little luck. On tradestation however, I have had luck, but I prefer mt4 more so. This is why I have made such a bang about HMA and the implementation of it on mt4 platform.

I make no assumption on your comments, but please read the other posts. This thread has come very far, with the generosity of FloFri and Igorad, but to ask them to make an expert blindly with no research or systamtic rules or ideas or reference on your part whatsoever is kinda a waste of time. Not to mention, all of the other fantastic ideas/projects that are floating around the forums currently.

But, if I do successfully complete the idea I have floating aound in my head, I will gladly post it. As I hope you will aswell if you do some forward testing.

Good luck, Hope we all come out smiling together.

regards,

- secXces

Late

Hi all,

thanks for your great feedback. I have been away a few days and now get everything at once .

It really is time for me to put in some effort, now that you seem to appreciate the modification of the indicator. I've added it to my MT set-up as well and will have a look at it with your remarks alongside.

I must say that from the forum I get the impression that Igor's version works very well, will test and compare later.

When HMA is Long and Changes Short there is a ONE bar lag.

When HMA is Short and Changes Long there is NO bar lag.

FloFry, is this true? Am I just an Idiot? and Is it possible to fix it?

Yes, no, yes...

Mea culpa, mea culpa, will do my best to fix it today.

BTW: agree on your remarks about HMA.

Great to see you back ,

I'm looking forward to see improved version of your HMA.

Good luck !

working on 1, 2 and 3...and checking the posts...

Files:
hma_color.jpg  83 kb

FloFri:
working on 1, 2 and 3...and checking the posts...

WHOA. I never noticed that one. I have been testing each one seperatly and have been oblivious to comparing the both yet. Awsome FloFri.

Igorad, My apologies, you were right. Sorry I doubted you..lol. Great work.

"Sometimes you just feel like a smacked bum, when the obvious is right in front of your nose the whole time"

- secXces

"Sometimes you just feel like a smacked bum, when the obvious is right in front of your nose the whole time"

Too true.

Actually I cannot find any problem with Igorad's version. So the most obvious for me would be to recognize my MT4-master.

My apologies, it was a nice try, but the version I posted has a flaw. The problem is that I left the blue line until the slope turned down, but it is not possible to do so in this case.

Thanks Igorad, I just finished my version, quick and dirty (I used less code, your one probably is faster).

Cheers!

[EDIT] Q&D very true, sorry! [/EDIT]

FloFri:
Too true.

Actually I cannot find any problem with Igorad's version. So the most obvious for me would be to recognize my MT4-master.

My apologies, it was a nice try, but the version I posted has a flaw. The problem is that I left the blue line until the slope turned down, but it is not possible to do so in this case.

Oh, I wasnt refering to you though FloFri..lol. I was refering to me being the smacked bum . lol. But I see what your saying. Well, again, thanks for all over your hardwork. Im in the process of setting up a variable alert into the HMA irgorads version. Ill post it when im done. We will see how my cut and paste skills workout on this one..lol..

cya,

- secXces

Cheers...

Hi secXces

You took it very personally, I have been testing irgorads version for last couple of day I didn't fing any problem.

Anyhow FloFri also confirmed that, lets move on, I am trying to write my first EA with HMA, if I succeded will sure post here.

Cheers....

Adding alert to HMA_Russian_Color

Can Some body tell me how to add 'PlaySound(Sound_File) ' to the indicator when it changes the trend.

laserjet:
Hi secXces

You took it very personally, I have been testing irgorads version for last couple of day I didn't fing any problem.

Anyhow FloFri also confirmed that, lets move on, I am trying to write my first EA with HMA, if I succeded will sure post here.

Cheers....
Reason: