HMA - Calling All Programmers!! - page 3

Hi,

It is not necessary so worry about this indicator.

True picture you receive when comment 2 lines in my version:

//if (trend[x+1]<0) Uptrend[x+1]=ExtMapBuffer[x+1];

and

//if (trend[x+1]>0) Dntrend[x+1]=ExtMapBuffer[x+1];

In this case you receive gaps between blue and red lines.

If change SetIndexStyle from Lines to Arrows you receive typical trend indicator.

Igor

Hey Igorad,

I think I get what your saying. Interesting.

Well, I would like to run a good test on the two versions. So many things running around now a days, I just want to give a solid answer.

FlowFry,

Is it possible we could get your version to change on the close of the first bar instead of the open of the second?

Thanks everyone for your efforts. Great Job,

- secXces

Hi ALL.

I just noticed something!!!!!!!!

I decided to drop the HMA to a extreme number to test its accuracy. When I did so, I noticed something.

When the HMA_twotone by Flofry changes color it works sometimes and then sometimes not. But this is what I noticed about when it does so:

When HMA is Long and Changes Short there is a ONE bar lag.

When HMA is Short and Changes Long there is NO bar lag.

FloFry, is this true? Am I just an Idiot? and Is it possible to fix it?

Thanks,

- secXces

Forgot to Attach the picture for the about post.

In the post about, I circled the partts im refering too.

Blue circles is when long changes to short and there is a one bar lag.

Orange circles is when short changes to long and there is no bar lag.

- secXces

Files:
pic03.gif  28 kb

Hi

I agree with you observation, it is strange behavior as for an indicator

and sure it is a bug, it explains why, when two versions are compared they look diffrent.

Let's wait for flofri opinion

Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump

Bump Bump Bump Again! ..lol..

EA Possible

Hi,

Its a nice indicator HMA, can someone please make EA for testing. That would be great.

Thanks

laserjet:
Hi,

Its a nice indicator HMA, can someone please make EA for testing. That would be great.

Thanks

Laserjet,

Its not a matter of making an expert advisor. Its a matter of making sure the indicator works right first. There is alot of programming going on in so many different threads on the forum, programming this for an EA is kinda pointless, especialy without any forward testing whatsoever. Look it over for the next couple of weeks first then report your findings. Maybe we could colaborate on this thread together.

But for now, FLOFRI, WE NEED YOUR HELP.!!!! LOL....

- secXces

secxces:
Laserjet,

Its not a matter of making an expert advisor. Its a matter of making sure the indicator works right first. There is alot of programming going on in so many different threads on the forum, programming this for an EA is kinda pointless, especialy without any forward testing whatsoever. Look it over for the next couple of weeks first then report your findings. Maybe we could colaborate on this thread together.

But for now, FLOFRI, WE NEED YOUR HELP.!!!! LOL....

- secXces

Hi secXces,

I didn't see any problem with Flofri indicator, what are you waiting for? I mean what need to be fixed.

Thanks

Reason: