HMA - Calling All Programmers!! - page 7

Please allow me to respond to both recent additions to this thread. It has been a long time since the actual code of the HMA was discussed!

jdp2012:

Applying the HMA algorithm to an array of data (thus any indicator) certainly is possible, but it requires a different approach. Results must be checked for their accurracy very thoroughly, also. Not to sound smart, but we must be able to rely on them when it matters (=always) plus, in my opinion, MT4 still may behave differently from what I expect (from other environments).

I wil give it a try the next few days (so planning not before Tuesday) to make a function to which another indicator's result can be passed. I want to test some myself, so please let me know (PM) if you are still interested, then I will send you the mql. I foresee that making it completely "blackboxed" is not possible, so for your use some changes to the code still may be necessary. I will base this on the version that is in post #56, the "HMA - Ogeima.mq4".

Ayo:

To incorporate the HMA in an EA, especially in daily and weekly TF, sounds like a fairly straightforward job (apart from what you may want the EA to do, or what special tricks you want to perform on the data).

If you want to send me specifications of functionality (with amount of detail at your discretion of course, (you could just state "when this-and-that happens" if you want to keep your trading rules to yourself) I could make a fairly accurate estimation of the amount of work it is to program.

Greetings and happy trading to you all!

Hello Flo, I just sent you a PM, looking forward to your response.

FloFri:
Please allow me to respond to both recent additions to this thread. It has been a long time since the actual code of the HMA was discussed!

jdp2012:

Applying the HMA algorithm to an array of data (thus any indicator) certainly is possible, but it requires a different approach. Results must be checked for their accurracy very thoroughly, also. Not to sound smart, but we must be able to rely on them when it matters (=always) plus, in my opinion, MT4 still may behave differently from what I expect (from other environments).

I wil give it a try the next few days (so planning not before Tuesday) to make a function to which another indicator's result can be passed. I want to test some myself, so please let me know (PM) if you are still interested, then I will send you the mql. I foresee that making it completely "blackboxed" is not possible, so for your use some changes to the code still may be necessary. I will base this on the version that is in post #56, the "HMA - Ogeima.mq4".

Ayo:

To incorporate the HMA in an EA, especially in daily and weekly TF, sounds like a fairly straightforward job (apart from what you may want the EA to do, or what special tricks you want to perform on the data).

If you want to send me specifications of functionality (with amount of detail at your discretion of course, (you could just state "when this-and-that happens" if you want to keep your trading rules to yourself) I could make a fairly accurate estimation of the amount of work it is to program.

Greetings and happy trading to you all!

Getting Started..

Hello;

I am a Newbie.

I found among all the EA's , "HMA Modified.mq4" which is an indicator

not an EA. Is there a conversion tool, that "massages" an indicator

into its respective EA?

I see stuff like automatic lot size in the the EA code. Is stuff like this standard?

Where should I start? Most likely someone already has an EA for this indicator.

thanks in advance,

not intending to be a Newbie for long. :-)

Wisea1662

MTF Slope Line HMA

hy everyone,

i'm interesting about hull moverage line but in this case i have a problem with this mtf indi... because if i'm in H1 chart and my mtf slope indi is set to tf 240 like in the image below, this repaint all square...

could someone help me and modify code ?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Files:

i need only understand from coders if it's possible change this indy or not.

THANX

dr.house7@live.it:
hy everyone,

i'm interesting about hull moverage line but in this case i have a problem with this mtf indi... because if i'm in H1 chart and my mtf slope indi is set to tf 240 like in the image below, this repaint all square...

could someone help me and modify code ?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Where is the file referenced internally in the code of this indicator??

Thanks Dave,

i'll add here :

Files:

like previous post:

i need only understand from coders if it's possible change this indy or not.

THANX

yes it's possible.

thanks for your help

hull

The name on the file is meaningless

Reason: