Pivot System - page 9

Hi glader

I have discontinued the tests of this EA. I have to figure out something better. This one did only few pips this month. I don't like it. I'm thinking to replace the EMA3Open with StepMA. What do you think?

DayOpen

You can download the DayOpen indicator from this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173595

Bye.

cucurucu:
Hi glader

I have discontinued the tests of this EA. I have to figure out something better. This one did only few pips this month. I don't like it. I'm thinking to replace the EMA3Open with StepMA. What do you think?

DayOpen

You can download the DayOpen indicator from this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173595

Bye.

I got no idea, but is this indicator /DayOpen/ necessary while trading this EA?? WIll it open positions without this indicator? DayOpen is just line of open

price each day, isnt it?

glader:
I got no idea, but is this indicator /DayOpen/ necessary while trading this EA?? WIll it open positions without this indicator? DayOpen is just line of open price each day, isnt it?

Yes. It is just a line at the opening price of the day. I used this in the EA along with the Pivot line because there are days when the EMA doesn't touch the PIVOT, but it crosses the DayOpen. So, whatever gets crossed first, the EA will enter a trade. If the EA is giving you that error, it means that you have to have that file. There is no need to attach it to the chart.

Bye.

cucurucu:
Please note that this works better if you don't have sundays on your chart. I have an Alpari account and it's ok (Monday-Friday), but my MIG account displays sundays, so the pivot and S/R lines are messed up. Have a nice weekend.

Hi guys

Could someone improve this pivot indicator that don't calculate sunday for borkers that's opens in sunday night.

TaXiRaN:
Hi guys Could someone improve this pivot indicator that don't calculate sunday for borkers that's opens in sunday night.

Hi. I don't know if that can be done. Anyway, I can't do it. I'm not so good at coding indicators. It will be great though, if someone could do it.

If I can come up with a better idea for this EA, I will trick it to not use the pivot indicator. The EA will calculate the pivot value instead. For calculating monday's pivot, it will use friday's data. This will solve the "Sunday" problem.

The bigger problem is improving the EA, not the indicator.

Bye.

ill look

I think I have a pivot somewhere that will you can adjust to " Your Time Zone", and it will only do the hours on the chart you tell it too such as only europe and american trading hours..if i can find it ill post it... a braintrader signal might help..i like what ya got very simple and easy..

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124

those two links will get you to a very simple way of making an EA "'it only uses basic indicators found with metatrader, there is a video you can watch to show you just how easy it is BONUS it compiles the code itself FOR YOU....ive made many simple EAs with this and they work just like good with no mistakes.. your simple EMA cross will perform just like you would if you were trading hope this helps...

cucurucu:
Hi. I don't know if that can be done. Anyway, I can't do it. I'm not so good at coding indicators. It will be great though, if someone could do it.

If I can come up with a better idea for this EA, I will trick it to not use the pivot indicator. The EA will calculate the pivot value instead. For calculating monday's pivot, it will use friday's data. This will solve the "Sunday" problem.

Bye.

I am still interesting in this EA. I think the best one was the first one. The ideo of crossing pivot is great. But after I ve reinstalled my MetaTrader4 {becouse of newer version} this EA stop working properly...

Anyway I would like to help...

Pivot.mq4 Indicator problems

Cucurucu,

In your previous post you said that Pivot.mq4 was not working well on Monday.

I know that was too a problem to another (but different) indicator called FiboPiv.

It seems that this indicator in his third version is working well.

Perhaps someone can fix Pivot.mq4 problem using FiboPiv_v3 programming solution.

Have a nice weekend!

Pip

Files:

hello traders,

i use daily charts for trading. and i use pivot points also. so please tell me which time is better for taking pivot points every day please tell me the time. and session also.

regards,

k.n.v.

cucurucu:

Bye.

Cucurucu,

Pls give me an advice what id timeframe in your EA. Defaultly is 0. I know that this is best working on H4, but it is correct to let the default number in your EA? /EAsimple/

Reason: